Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Just catching up here. I've been pretty lucky, all my guys, up until Sally, have always eaten up whatever I put a pill into....well maybe not Wilson so much. Peanut Butter works like a charm in our house. Sally won't eat anything other than her kibble with some wet food and she's slowly starting to like peanut butter. Can't say I ever thought of vanilla ice cream either. Have you been able to try the ice cream yet?
I tried the Peanut Butter trick this morning.... I put his pill, Very small one too for his skin in the peanut butter, on my index finger, let him smell it, He did and walked away, not interested, so I chased him down, opened his mouth, and rubbed it on the roof of his mouth, closely watching to see if he would spit it out, Nope, he ran straight to his water dish and drank a half a gallon of water to get the taste out of his mouth, But have a feeling tomorrow will be more difficult to catch him than today, He has a pretty good memory, Somewhere in the house, I know he has a scoreboard, so I won todays event, But I'm sure tomorrow will be equally interesting...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I tried the Peanut Butter trick this morning.... I put his pill, Very small one too for his skin in the peanut butter, on my index finger, let him smell it, He did and walked away, not interested, so I chased him down, opened his mouth, and rubbed it on the roof of his mouth, closely watching to see if he would spit it out, Nope, he ran straight to his water dish and drank a half a gallon of water to get the taste out of his mouth, But have a feeling tomorrow will be more difficult to catch him than today, He has a pretty good memory, Somewhere in the house, I know he has a scoreboard, so I won todays event, But I'm sure tomorrow will be equally interesting...

Oh man you have a little pistol then if he's running to the water dish to rinse his mouth out. I learned fast that the method of just shoving it down their throat doesn't quite work for a Bully like it does other dogs. I have to giggle at the visual of him running to the water dish though, lol.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Oh man you have a little pistol then if he's running to the water dish to rinse his mouth out. I learned fast that the method of just shoving it down their throat doesn't quite work for a Bully like it does other dogs. I have to giggle at the visual of him running to the water dish though, lol.
I tried the put it down his throat deal, back of his tongue, held his mouth shut, stroked his throat, he swallowed, all good, 15 minutes later, he walked up to me and barfed it all up at my feet, as if he was making a bank deposit, and gave me the stink eye !! I've even thought about powdering the pill, putting it into a straw, and blowing it down his throat, I'm only afraid he will sneeze, and my skin will clear up !!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I tried the put it down his throat deal, back of his tongue, held his mouth shut, stroked his throat, he swallowed, all good, 15 minutes later, he walked up to me and barfed it all up at my feet, as if he was making a bank deposit, and gave me the stink eye !! I've even thought about powdering the pill, putting it into a straw, and blowing it down his throat, I'm only afraid he will sneeze, and my skin will clear up !!

OMG I'm bustin' a gut here. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: All I have to say is Rocky appears to be smarter than you. :biglaugh:

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
OMG I'm bustin' a gut here. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: All I have to say is Rocky appears to be smarter than you. :biglaugh:

I CAN'T HELL but laugh! !! All my dogs are different too... Mr. ADHD is thr hardest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I CAN'T HELL but laugh! !! All my dogs are different too... Mr. ADHD is thr hardest. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
that's why i'm seeking the help of seasoned professionals, i've burned up my safety lines on are you smarter than a 5th grader, this kids keeping score.... and a loaded pistol he is..... But i'm not going to let him whoop me, seems like he is just a lil more experienced in me at spitting the pill out, than me getting it sucessfully, down his throat to stay...

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Rocky and I sorta/kinda have a dissagreement over his medicines, I'm sure it doesn't taste very good, but he woofs everything down except any type of pills. The other day, I had to give him 4 bayer size aspirin pills for the Tape worms, because of his weight, They gave me (4) well every time I eat, he's always laying right by my feet in observance of the 2 second rule, anything hits the floor, 2 seconds later you'll never find it.... So anyway, I use cheese this time, cheese slices to be exact, and i break a slice in half, tuck his pill in it, and after having his full undivided attention, he woofs it down, and just about the time I'm happy to have gotten the one down, Rocky does this amazing thing, he puts his upper and lower lips together as if he was going to whistle a tune, and literally SPITS the pill about 3 feet away from him, as if to tell me, go find it !! I went through several pieces of cheese, getting this stink eye look from Rocky, and him spitting the pills at me, Finally I get enough of this treatment, and in a last ditch effort, I drop the 4 pills at the back of his toungue, in a full battle to hold him still, get the pills in there, then stroke his throat, all the while telling him how much better he is going to feel, In the end, about 15 minutes later, he walks up to me, looks at me, then barfs the pills back out in liquid form!! Now 4 of these pills are about $40.00 Bucks, It's not the money to me as much as letting him win, He's not real crazy about peanut butter, he's a very picky eater, so sprinkling this pill dust over his food is a hit and miss, I would figure half of it would be in the bottom of his stainless steel bowl. There has to be a better way, other than surgically implanting them into Rocky, I'm at a loss!! and even though he woofs his food down, HE WILL FIND THOSE PILLS AND GIVE YOU THE STINK EYE !! How do y'all do this..... I've never delt with a kid this particular before!!

I can not help but giggle with tears rolling down my cheeks because Sheldon does the same exact thing right down to spitting it out I'm going to try ice cream next time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

Oh No!!!!!! Good lord. have you tried the bread trick I posted??

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
i act like I'm giving him a treat. It works every time i make him sit down and be nice then he thinks hes getting something fun, but its a pill and he just swallows it. Geno is too easy. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online