You Know they have health problems right?

OP
R

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
[MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION] saw one rescue in the rescue section of this board and said that I'd inquire with the Georgia EB Rescue.I'v been thinking about volunteering with them before I say I'm going to rescue one. Rescuing makes me a tad nervous to be honest.
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I told my nanny (she cares for my daughter and my pets when I'm away for work) that we would be getting an EBD. She said, "Ok, they aren't as cute as Troy was". I think I can take that over "don't get one". I just laughed and said they're Ugly Cute. So ugly there's something cute about them.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well [MENTION=8490]RachaelJ[/MENTION] there are several here who are involved with rescue who could maybe put your mind at ease if you were thinking of getting one. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=8490]RachaelJ[/MENTION] Getting involved with a rescue is a great idea. I speak from my experience with ROEB ......... we are ALWAYS looking for good volunteers who want to get involved!! :up:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I have a bully boy who have had no health issues so far, he is now more than 3 years old. I also have two girls which have had a few problems such as eye infections due to the tongue flapping up into the eye:blink:, hormonal issues that got sorted our after spaying, allergy to milk products and hip dysplasia. Also one of the girls have had a few operations on her eyes due to hairs scratching the eye:*( but I would not trade them for anything, not for another dog, not for millions of money. If I could go back in time I would choose them again and again and again<3 Never did I expect when getting my first bulldog that I could love a dog this much, they are truly special.

"You haven't used your whole heart until you've loved a Bulldog", read this somewhere, can't remember where but it is true:yes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
"You haven't used your whole heart until you've loved a Bulldog", read this somewhere, can't remember where but it is true:yes:

Never heard that before ... what a lovely quote!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
@kazzy220 tried to find the quote but without luck... I don't know where I got that from, I strongly doubt I made it up myself, lol. Must have seen it somewhere...:)

Isn't there someone on here that has that quote under his/her posts?

Last edited:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
As I've said to friends before, you can't be unhappy with a bulldog in the house. Mabel makes us laugh all the time. We knew the risks of this breed long before we decided to adopt her and would never trade our experiences with her. She is truly a blessing for us.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I can be wrong, I'm spending to much time on the internet looking for dog stuff, I can just as well have seen it while doing that:) my memory is not the best:blink: I'm just glad I remembered the quote... I might even have that quote on a painting in my furkids room... my goodness, I can't even remember that:ashamed: If I don't have it I have to make it ASAP:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Every time I took Abby to a doctor they all said the same thing. "She shouldn't be here right now". Yet there she was, spunky and spiteful and proving them all wrong. I have a 17 year old dog laying at my feet right now. From the looks of her, she will live forever. We aren't born with expiration dates. Babies die. Puppies die. Parent't outlive their children. Grandparents outlive their grandchildren. If we based our decisions on when death would come the world would be an empty, lonely place. No one would ever fall in love and people would stop having children because "what if" they get sick and die.

Follow your heart Rachel and don't you EVER let anyone put the fear of death in you. When it comes it comes. We can't stop it, we can't hide from it. Open your heart and love like there is no tomorrow because there might not be one. But I think if we live our days like it's our last we won't have any regrets when that last day does finally arrive.

And the people who try to talk you out of it? God gave you a middle finger for a reason :smoochwink:

:bravo:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.