Sap in the fur!?!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
During an off leash walk Chunk rested his chin on something, and now there is sap stuck in his chin fur.
Any ideas on how to get this out, with out ripping the hairs from his chinney chin-chin? o_O
Please and Thanks!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Perhaps tea tree oil or mineral spirits, but I would be extra careful with the mineral spirits, the tea tree oil may be ok

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would try baby oil?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can try peanut butter, you'll just have to bath him after to get the peanut butter out of his fur. When my daughter was a little girl, she got gum in her hair at school, and she had really long hair, she came home crying in tears, because her friend told her she would have to cut her hair. Another mom told me about the peanut butter, so we went home and tried it, and it worked. Another thing I use a lot for grease stains, and sticky stuff is dish soap. Hope it works. Let us know how you were able to remove it.

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
Not sure if you can get eucalyptus oil in USA but it works a treat for anything sticky even sap on a bully.

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Living in an area that is primarily pine trees, tree sap is something we have always had to deal with removing on our pets, especially between their toes.

We use a product called Desolv It Citrus Solution. You can order it from amazon or pick it up at any Walmart. Some grocery stores may carry it as well. It will remove the sap straight away and is safe to use on your pets.
[h=1][/h]

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Peanut butter. Works like a charm! I got sap in my hair while camping years ago and this worked. I would think any oil based item would also work as well. ;)

OP
truffle shuffle

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
thanks ya'll the peanut butter worked! Love the helpful people here!! and all the beautiful bullies!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.