Playtime Wounds

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Last night we were laying in bed and Aubie kept trying to bring her toys up to play (she knows she's not allowed), so she finally came up empty handed and laid down. Her daddy decided to give her a bear hug and roll her over him between us... Guess who got caught in the pawfire!

6C1AA2AE-92D0-48B4-9CF9-16CC766A1BD1-21020-000003BEC007B097.jpg

She was waving her paws in the air because she was on her back and caught my face. Poor thing felt bad and was giving me kisses afterward. Her daddy on the other hand was in deep :poo: because he knew there was no room between us.

Anyone else have some bully playtime wounds?

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
That is one big battle wound, these bullies just don't realize their size lol! Gio is a rough player, he loves playing and gets so excited that he will jump up and his head will sometimes give me a fat lip or bloody nose!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is 7 months old and my forearms have completely healed. For several months before there were always fresh wounds. They like to play and they play rough. They don't realize their own strength and weight it seems. But in the last month or so it has gotten much better. For me it seems that after he got his adult teeth it greatly improved

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie really doesn't hurt me since she lost her baby teeth. Sometimes she will accidentally get my finger when biting a toy, but it is extremely rare to draw blood. She has head butted my nose though! This just sucked because first, it hurt BAD and second, I had to explain it ALL day long because there is absolutely no hiding it. I just hope it doesn't scar.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I'm with Tim on this one. Now that Tubby no longer has shark teeth my arms, feet, and hands are no longer covered in marks. However the new thing is bruises all over my legs. When I sit on the floor to play with Tubby, sometimes he will jump on me and when he lands it leaves awful bruises.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
No pics for evidence. But when I've been kneeling on the floor and Daddy and Linus were doing zoomies around the entire first floor, Linus decided to take a detour into my lap and managed to head butt me.

Linus regularly licks my legs and at the same time gouges me with those massive front toofies of his.

Then there was the time that Linus had got a little too OCD about his jolly egg in the backyard, so I picked it up and was carrying it back in. He was jumping a bit so I was holding it all the way up in the air. Suddenly the little toad does a massive jump for the jolly egg, but instead his mouth makes contact with the back of my arm and my sleeve. Luckily his teeth slid off the sleeve and he eventually fell off. But by that time he had managed to get a good mouthful of my arm and I'm assuming he thought it was jolly egg. The bruise was HORRIFIC ... to this day I still think some people believe I got hit by somebody!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guys haven't hurt me at all when playing, but last fall, we were outside and my 5 year old grandson Kaden was in the front yard playing with Bulldozer and Blossom. Dozer is my jumper, and he loves to jump up and give you a big wet slobbery kiss. He jumped up on Kaden to plant a kiss on him, and his big underbite and teeth hit him in the mouth. He got a puffy upper lip, and he knocked out his upper front tooth. Kaden almost got knocked over, and then he touched his lip, and next thing I know, he spits on the ground and laughs, and he says to me Grandma My tooth fell out. Thank goodness it's a baby tooth. So I had to call my daughter at work and tell her his tooth fell out, She said to me it wasn't loose was it? And I said no , he got a little help from Dozey. Lol

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan is a bully-dozer, I don't know how many times I have been completely taken off the ground to land flat on my back. He also went through a phase where he thought he was a bird and jumped off of the stairs and furniture while we were playing - so we catch him - well Pete catches - I act like a landing pad...lol.

I don't rough house with him - but Pete does - and he's had some pretty good battle wounds. I would rather cuddle... lol - no battle wounds that way!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... i think that is going to leave a mark

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online