Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dog fighting! ! Finally got to the bottom of Abram's issue

I spent 2 hours on the phone with him today. I am really starting to get hopefull. He has a fellow army buddy living close by that trains search and rescue and mp dogs. I think this would be amazing for Abram as from what I know they are used to working with high energy dogs. We are meeting tomorrow. I want to make sure Abram is no longer under the effects of the sedative so he can see what Abram is like and how truly sweet he is. But that said he is very active aware of all of the issues and that at some point He may be bitten. He is ok with this. I hate to sound rude but I am still concerned about my liability in rehoming him. If I rehome him and something were to happen how does that affect me? Can I be sued oe charged with anything?
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    I spent 2 hours on the phone with him today. I am really starting to get hopefull. He has a fellow army buddy living close by that trains search and rescue and mp dogs. I think this would be amazing for Abram as from what I know they are used to working with high energy dogs. We are meeting tomorrow. I want to make sure Abram is no longer under the effects of the sedative so he can see what Abram is like and how truly sweet he is. But that said he is very active aware of all of the issues and that at some point He may be bitten. He is ok with this. I hate to sound rude but I am still concerned about my liability in rehoming him. If I rehome him and something were to happen how does that affect me? Can I be sued oe charged with anything?
    I don't forsee any liability issues are you are being honest and open in regards to his state of mind and needing a home without children that would be able to concentrate on his needs. I pray that it works out. The people that rehomed him to you should be beaten within an inch of their lousy lives being as they 1) baisically abused him and 2) rehomed him to you without disclosing any issues knowing you had children.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Bizzymammabee thanks I think I just needed to hear that. A former client of mine is an attorney and he recommendeds getting a release signed.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

@Bizzymammabee thanks I think I just needed to hear that. A former client of mine is an attorney and he recommendeds getting a release signed.
    You can definitely draw up something simple stating that you have disclosed all behavioral issues and he is accepting the dog knowingly and will not hold you liable for any damages that may arise during his ownership of the dog. Ask him if he can draw up a simple form for you that would cover your bases. I would ask an atty here to do it for you but they aren't licensed to practice in your state.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to suggest having something in writing just in case he tries to sue you later. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out for the General.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope everything turns out ok. I am glad to hear you are trying to find him a good home. My sister went through something similar with her first Bull terrier. He would attack her over anything and she was afraid to have him around my son since we lived together. She did find a great home for him though. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to send me a personal message or what not.
    Good luck. I hope everything turns out all ok. ((((((HUGS)))))))
    Psycho Pixie
    In love with my little Eloise M.Wigglebottom

Look me up on facebook https://www.facebook.com/EloiseMWrinklebottom

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Wishing all the best for all involved. I can hardly come up with enough vehemence to describe how I feel about low lifes that would take an animal that so loves human contact and affection and raise them in an environment that redirects that natural tendency in dogs to please their masters into an animal that has to fight to prove its devotion. The Michael Vick types of this world can kiss my *** I would relish the opportunity give them a bit of their own poison. There is something very dark and warped in the minds of people that do this.

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Rural mystic oh I so agree . I am a total mess today. I fo between angry that someone dared put mt family in this position to angry that this was done to him. To sad that I can't help him to devastated that I can't keep this dog who I love. He is so hard to explain because one minute he is this completely gentle soul who plays tug with my tiny girl in the sweetest most gentle manner to being a crazed cujo esk uncontrollable monster.

I am seriously considering demanding that they repay me for the costs I have incurred due to their deception. I have vet costs a broken window the loss of some pretty expensive toys plus the rehoming fee I paid. I know this sounds pretty but I feel like they should have some culpability in this.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

@Rural mystic oh I so agree . I am a total mess today. I fo between angry that someone dared put mt family in this position to angry that this was done to him. To sad that I can't help him to devastated that I can't keep this dog who I love. He is so hard to explain because one minute he is this completely gentle soul who plays tug with my tiny girl in the sweetest most gentle manner to being a crazed cujo esk uncontrollable monster.

I am seriously considering demanding that they repay me for the costs I have incurred due to their deception. I have vet costs a broken window the loss of some pretty expensive toys plus the rehoming fee I paid. I know this sounds pretty but I feel like they should have some culpability in this.
    I agree, and don't think it sounds or is petty. If they aren't held to some culpability and is just let go then it may happen again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads