dog fighting! ! Finally got to the bottom of Abram's issue

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Abram was sold to a family that the breeder later found out trains dogs for dog fighting! !!!Omg this explains everything. He probably wasn't used for fighting because he has zero dog aggression. It totally explains his extreme behavior and his overly muscular build:eek:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Abram just attacked me ane wouldn't let go he had ahold of my foot Jessie had to pull him off of me. I don't think I have options any more

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I'm sorry, I just don't / cannot imagine a bully with this personality, I can't even envision it, I've been around pets all my life, and I just have never seen it in this breed?? As [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] as david asked a while ago, have you had his thyroid checked??? I'm desperately trying to help you find options, Somethings going on, I mean Pitt Bulls are fought all the time, but if you raise them differently, then they are great companions not fighters, I don't think this is a breeding problem as much as it is something else, a plea for help, something, DONT PUT HIM DOWN…… figure out why/whats causing the issue…… Heck if you have to crate him until you can get the mystery solved, its better than loosing a life…… Find another vet, get a second opinion, get to the bottom of it, you've raised your baby better than this, something is triggering him to go off, The death penalty isn't the answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION] I did not raise him i rescued him about a month ago. He was raised by idiots that train dogs for dog fighting. I don't want to but he just viciously attacked me. He bit me on my side hard then had my foot in his mouth was shaking me back and forth and would not let go. Until Jessie came out and pinned him on the ground he still wouldn't stop so Jessie had to hit him twice in the mouth I have never in all my dog experience seen anything this
Right now he is locked outside because we can't get near him. I just called and left a message for my trainer.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I can't get near him to put him in a crate. When he gets like this we can't do anything with him except close him on the back porch and I know you don't believe this but I have bleeding bite wounds that sa y otherwise.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry!!!! I wish there was something I could do or say that would help solve all of your problems.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry he is acting this way. It has to be mental or chemical reason he is doing this. Have your vet check his Thyroid levels, if he hasn't done so already. That's were I would start first, and just keep him crated until you find out the results of the blood work. We will be thinking of you and him.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I would recommend as others have and go to the vet for some testing. There are some options for sedatives that will make life bareable. Who is the one that does most of the work with him? Whoever that is will have to build trust from the ground up and it will take some time; not a week or two but rehabilitation takes months and a great deal of time. Boundaries have to be formed in order for him to know acceptable and unacceptable behavior for starters, and while I know this sounds rough but whoever is working with him cannot show signs of fear. Do you have some sedate type music you can play for background noise? There is something to be said about music taming the beast (not that I am calling him a beast but I think the saying goes something like that). Whenever I had a rescue that was aggressive they remained contained in a pen, fed by hand always and never out of a bowl to gain trust, and I had really calming music always in the background. Also, using the same tone of voice to work with them helps; its hard to do especially when they lounge at you but it works. Some protective gloves, long lose pants and shirts and close toed shoes work great when working with an aggressive one. Once they realize they can not intimidate an individual that is half the battle......but......there is no telling how long the battle is, each one is different. I have never had an aggressive bully; everything I worked with was large size but I have no doubt the aggressive behavior is much the same. If you are unable to handle him maybe there is a professional close by in your location that could render some assistance. Like many of the others have said, get to the root and give him a chance, everyone of the ones I have worked with were worth every minute of the time spent and turned out to be wonderful companions. Prayers are with you and good luck to both of you.

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
[MENTION=1998]Dozer[/MENTION]mommy I appreciate your ability to even stick it out with a trainer and sedatives. It takes time and a lot of effort to work with a dog that has been raised up for fighting. No matter the breed of dog, any dog exposed to that lifestyle can will not show the traits of that said breed. Being that she has kids and the dog has already left her bloody, this clearly isn't the home for her.

I would love to be patient in this instance but if I were in this position, I think my resources towards finding him a better situation would be just that. Sorry to hear this. I wish there was more. Medical issues aside, she has a family to look out for and if she's scared herself working with the dog wouldn't be good for the animal or her.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
As to the dog fighters all I can say is damn them bastards. Those that fight dogs rank right up there with puppy mill owners and child molesters. Honestly I would have no problem liquidating and offing anyone from any one of those three groups of low life scourges of mankind

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.