Gio is in surgery!

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Glad is he doing well. Cant wait to see pics :) May i ask why he had to get his tail amputated?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So happy the surgery went well. Speedy recovery and prayers being sent to you and Gio.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
so glad sweet Gio is ok ... give him a :hug: from us

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Glad is he doing well. Cant wait to see pics :) May i ask why he had to get his tail amputated?

Thanks everyone, he's home with me now! The vet called at about 12:30 again to say that I could get him earlier since Gio didn't like being in the crate. We don't crate them at home so I'm sure he wasn't used to it, I walked into the vet office and could hear him barking lol! @cbh142 He had a screw tail that was inside his tail pocket so it was really uncomfortable for him; we cleaned it every night and wipe him after he goes #2 so the pocked itself was very clean but his tail being stuck inside the pocket was very irritating to him! Poor guy! :(

Here is his tail before the amputation, we called it his "cinnamon bun", you can't tell from the picture but his pocket was a full finger deep! And then his tail right after surgery! The blood and bruising is normal and will subside as each day passes.
photo-138.jpg photo-136.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad see see he's home now and will be on the mend. How long is the recovery time normally do you know? Once he's all healed up and his fur grows back you'll probably never even notice. :hugs: to Gio, and you of course.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AWWWE Cinnamon bun! I pray Gio has a speedy recovery!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So glad he's awake! :happy dance:

Pls give him a big smooch from us.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
huh, I dread the thought, it's a major surgery isn't it? Peggy and Griz have the same type and It's a job alright :whew:

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So glad see see he's home now and will be on the mend. How long is the recovery time normally do you know? Once he's all healed up and his fur grows back you'll probably never even notice. :hugs: to Gio, and you of course.

We go Tuesday to have his pain patch taken off and then he will get the stitches out in two weeks. The vet just wants him calm for at least 5 days and said after that just monitor his playing. I'm not gonna let him and Diva play until the stitches are out since she likes to grab him from behind and...well you know...hump him!! She's a little terror! And other than that he's on a few medications and I just have to keep it clean and we are in the clear! I hate surgery's but I know this was definitely the right thing to do for him, he will be so much happier once it's all healed! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online