The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I've never imbibed DE but I have eaten quite a few Raw pumpkin seeds and keep some powdered Black Walnut hull on hand and have taken it on numerous occasions. I have never used them in combination but I think it may help and at right dose, little harm.

The biggest problem with DE is you don't want anything to inhale it. It is like a million little razor blades hitting yours or your bullies lungs.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I'm late to reply here, but I'm glad you found out what they were and I really hope Rocky gets well and gets rid if those things soon!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
They are Tape worms, I'll share my education of today with you. Rocky in the last 4 to 6 weeks has groomed himself, and eaten an infected flea!! That flea has fed off of the larvae of a tape worm. What i'm seeing in the :poo: is not a tape worm, but tape worm larvae, after the flea was ingested, it hatched inside of him into a tape worm. So I contacted my vet, which immediately knew what it was, since he was in the vets office last week, My vet prescribed "Droncit" canine, 4 tablets today and 4 tablets 3 weeks from today, which will kill the Tape worm. The good news is the Tape worm will not hurt him, but the larvae coming out of him is IKYYYYY, and so will be treated. So I fed him the 4 Doncit's and within 45 minutes it upset his stomach and he there up, So I have to call the vet tomorrow and see if it was enough time to get into his system or not, each treatment is $40 Dollars for these worms, so not to bad if it gets rid of this worm, and thats its entire purpose.

I found what appeared to be tapeworms [from and internet research] in Ace's poop as well a couple of weeks ago. I treated him for tapeworms with meds I ordered from Amazon. It contains the same active ingredient as Droncit so it may be a viable alternative for some of us in treating our pets. From what you stated about the cost, it also appears to be less expensive as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KPLX2U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey just went through this!! Looks like roundworms- very common in young pups. He had to take one pill and then I will repeat it in 3 weeks so any eggs that may have hatched will be taken care of. I have not seen any evidence of more since his treatment. Good luck!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
:barf: is all I can say...LOL

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im late but yes i knew they were tapeworms from just the description you gave. my boston had them a couple of years ago. i took him to the vet as the otc meds werent working. good thing as we found sarah had heartworms. :eek: they are simple to clear up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.