Worms found in Rocky's poop??

D

DaisyBulldog

Thank You Daisy, after it upset his Tummy so bad, this may be a viable solution. The vet told me it is very common in my area, said rocky could have even eaten a blade of grass with a flea on it that was infected, which could have done the same thing, and he said if after the second treatment, if he still had the worms in his poop, rest assured that he had eaten another infected flea. Sad but True….. He said it caused no harm to Rocky, no discomfort or anything, but needed to be delta with, I just can't see having a tapeworm as being comfortable, I guess it just bothers me so much. Thank You very much for the information, and I might very well have to try it, especially if I can get him to hold that down.

The chemical dewormers can indeed cause GI upset. You can find the DE on Amazon.com if you don't have a local feed store. While it may not cause discomfort in the short term, you realllllllllly do not want long term tape worm living in your dog's digestive tract!! Then it does cause nutritional deficits, along with other issues. *gag*

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.

Be careful when using DE, DO NOT BREATH IT IN nor allow your dog or cat (it's safe for them too).

There are different types for different uses of DE, make very sure to get FOOD GRADE DE.

I use this on my EB and my cat, CoCo, both internally & externally. Build up to 1 TBSP for Rocky daily.
Sprinkle over food, mix it and serve it to him.

You can work up to 1-2 TBSP yourself to guard any parasites you may ingest to kill them. It has other
health benefits for you.

I'm not sure tho if you can use this for Rocky while he has the Imervectrine and/or Droncit in his system
so check that part out if you decide to use DE. Let us know, icky stuff but need to know effective remedies!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"

Be careful when using DE, DO NOT BREATH IT IN nor allow your dog or cat (it's safe for them too).

There are different types for different uses of DE, make very sure to get FOOD GRADE DE.

I use this on my EB and my cat, CoCo, both internally & externally. Build up to 1 TBSP for Rocky daily.
Sprinkle over food, mix it and serve it to him.

You can work up to 1-2 TBSP yourself to guard any parasites you may ingest to kill them. It has other
health benefits for you.

I'm not sure tho if you can use this for Rocky while he has the Imervectrine and/or Droncit in his system
so check that part out if you decide to use DE. Let us know, icky stuff but need to know effective remedies!

Thank You Carol….

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I'm late to respond, but happy to hear that it was a minor issue that can be taken care of easily :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So glad you found out and are having it treated!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Yes, the vet said it was very common in my area, I mean treated it so non chalontely I couldn't believe it, I was more worried than the Vet, vets tech's, Rocky or anyone, I'm like these worms have gotta go, and of course Rocky just looked at me as if to say, "If you say so Dad" !! Lmbo

and Becky……You still ain't right !!!!!!! LMAO, but thats a good thang! :yes:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Those look like tapeworms to me. Normal wormers don't kill them, they need something a bit stronger, which you can get over the counter at your local pet store. To know if it's tapeworms for sure, check his bedding and look by his bum and up by his tail to see if you see any. When your pup has them you will see them freely walking around their bum area and on places that they have been sitting.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
So did the treatment get rid of the tapeworms? And what are you using now if anything differently. I noticed the same thing in Ace's poop this week the most popular heartworm medications kill several types of parasites but usually not tapeworms and I am pretty sure what I saw was tapeworms. So what is you suggestion for treatment? 40 bucks for a dewormer seems a little much but I need to try something

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Could always add a little food grade DE to their food the help get rid of internal parasites.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Never tried it but I could see it working.

I've never imbibed DE but I have eaten quite a few Raw pumpkin seeds and keep some powdered Black Walnut hull on hand and have taken it on numerous occasions. I have never used them in combination but I think it may help and at right dose, little harm.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.