Worms found in Rocky's poop??

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
This morning, I took Rocky out to do his business, and as he did, I noticed the white things moving around in his :poo:, Rocky's on Interceptor Heart worm and worming medication, His stool had been checked by my Vet before saying he was clear, but now this is showing up, I hate to ask y'all to look at his :poo:, But I took it in movie version so you can actually see them move, anyone know if this is normal, or should I be very concerned, He's playing fine, being his normal self, But i'm not sure what these things are.

Last edited:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
link isn't working

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
i'd like to help and see. But the link isn't working.

Worms in the poo doesn't seem normal but I'd suggest giving the vet a call even though they have him on a preventative.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I got the link going finally, Hope this helps… Their the white things, can you see them moving in the video?!?!?

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Yeah, there is certainly something living in there. Take the sample to the vet. Have them run it for something and hopefully they can give you something more definitive than I'm going to give you. All I got is EWWWWW.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
THey could be roundworms or tapeworms...at any rate, I would take the stool to the vet and have Rocky looked at.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The good thing is that most worms are easily killed with a dewormer. Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The good thing is that most worms are easily killed with a dewormer. Good luck!

Yep exactly. I think interceptor is just for fleas, ticks and heartworm but I could be wrong.

Worm eggs can be found in some crazy places, (garden, puddle) especially if you live in moist climates. Once a single egg is ingested it can hatch and reproduce in just a few weeks. So even if he was clear a short time ago, he could easily get a bad case of them in as little as a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
When was the dog last treated with the Interceptor? Interceptor not only kills heartworms but also [Milbemycin also treats and controls adult intestinal parasites such as hookworm, whipworm and two types of roundworm.] So yes you may have it looked at by your vet but It may be that the interceptor is working and ridding the dog of intestinal parasites.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When was the dog last treated with the Interceptor? Interceptor not only kills heartworms but also [Milbemycin also treats and controls adult intestinal parasites such as hookworm, whipworm and two types of roundworm.] So yes you may have it looked at by your vet but It may be that the interceptor is working and ridding the dog of intestinal parasites.

Thanks for looking that up!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
They are Tape worms, I'll share my education of today with you. Rocky in the last 4 to 6 weeks has groomed himself, and eaten an infected flea!! That flea has fed off of the larvae of a tape worm. What i'm seeing in the :poo: is not a tape worm, but tape worm larvae, after the flea was ingested, it hatched inside of him into a tape worm. So I contacted my vet, which immediately knew what it was, since he was in the vets office last week, My vet prescribed "Droncit" canine, 4 tablets today and 4 tablets 3 weeks from today, which will kill the Tape worm. The good news is the Tape worm will not hurt him, but the larvae coming out of him is IKYYYYY, and so will be treated. So I fed him the 4 Doncit's and within 45 minutes it upset his stomach and he there up, So I have to call the vet tomorrow and see if it was enough time to get into his system or not, each treatment is $40 Dollars for these worms, so not to bad if it gets rid of this worm, and thats its entire purpose.

D

DaisyBulldog

If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.

Thank You Daisy, after it upset his Tummy so bad, this may be a viable solution. The vet told me it is very common in my area, said rocky could have even eaten a blade of grass with a flea on it that was infected, which could have done the same thing, and he said if after the second treatment, if he still had the worms in his poop, rest assured that he had eaten another infected flea. Sad but True….. He said it caused no harm to Rocky, no discomfort or anything, but needed to be delta with, I just can't see having a tapeworm as being comfortable, I guess it just bothers me so much. Thank You very much for the information, and I might very well have to try it, especially if I can get him to hold that down.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.