Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 38

Thread: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

  1. #13
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    They are Tape worms, I'll share my education of today with you. Rocky in the last 4 to 6 weeks has groomed himself, and eaten an infected flea!! That flea has fed off of the larvae of a tape worm. What i'm seeing in the is not a tape worm, but tape worm larvae, after the flea was ingested, it hatched inside of him into a tape worm. So I contacted my vet, which immediately knew what it was, since he was in the vets office last week, My vet prescribed "Droncit" canine, 4 tablets today and 4 tablets 3 weeks from today, which will kill the Tape worm. The good news is the Tape worm will not hurt him, but the larvae coming out of him is IKYYYYY, and so will be treated. So I fed him the 4 Doncit's and within 45 minutes it upset his stomach and he there up, So I have to call the vet tomorrow and see if it was enough time to get into his system or not, each treatment is $40 Dollars for these worms, so not to bad if it gets rid of this worm, and thats its entire purpose.

  2. #14
    DaisyBulldog
    Guest

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.

  3. #15
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBulldog View Post
    If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.
    Thank You Daisy, after it upset his Tummy so bad, this may be a viable solution. The vet told me it is very common in my area, said rocky could have even eaten a blade of grass with a flea on it that was infected, which could have done the same thing, and he said if after the second treatment, if he still had the worms in his poop, rest assured that he had eaten another infected flea. Sad but True….. He said it caused no harm to Rocky, no discomfort or anything, but needed to be delta with, I just can't see having a tapeworm as being comfortable, I guess it just bothers me so much. Thank You very much for the information, and I might very well have to try it, especially if I can get him to hold that down.

  4. #16
    DaisyBulldog
    Guest

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRod View Post
    Thank You Daisy, after it upset his Tummy so bad, this may be a viable solution. The vet told me it is very common in my area, said rocky could have even eaten a blade of grass with a flea on it that was infected, which could have done the same thing, and he said if after the second treatment, if he still had the worms in his poop, rest assured that he had eaten another infected flea. Sad but True….. He said it caused no harm to Rocky, no discomfort or anything, but needed to be delta with, I just can't see having a tapeworm as being comfortable, I guess it just bothers me so much. Thank You very much for the information, and I might very well have to try it, especially if I can get him to hold that down.
    The chemical dewormers can indeed cause GI upset. You can find the DE on Amazon.com if you don't have a local feed store. While it may not cause discomfort in the short term, you realllllllllly do not want long term tape worm living in your dog's digestive tract!! Then it does cause nutritional deficits, along with other issues. *gag*

  5. #17
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBulldog View Post
    If you prefer to go with a safer and more natural method of ridding your bullie of the tapeworm (vs. dewormer pills from vet) you can purchase diatomaceous earth of food quality. Put this on their food, 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on weight, for 30 days. You can also use DE externally, rubbing into their coat, to kill and prevent fleas, as well as use on the bedding, rug, furniture, etc.

    Be careful when using DE, DO NOT BREATH IT IN nor allow your dog or cat (it's safe for them too).

    There are different types for different uses of DE, make very sure to get FOOD GRADE DE.

    I use this on my EB and my cat, CoCo, both internally & externally. Build up to 1 TBSP for Rocky daily.
    Sprinkle over food, mix it and serve it to him.

    You can work up to 1-2 TBSP yourself to guard any parasites you may ingest to kill them. It has other
    health benefits for you.

    I'm not sure tho if you can use this for Rocky while he has the Imervectrine and/or Droncit in his system
    so check that part out if you decide to use DE. Let us know, icky stuff but need to know effective remedies!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  6. #18
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

    Be careful when using DE, DO NOT BREATH IT IN nor allow your dog or cat (it's safe for them too).

    There are different types for different uses of DE, make very sure to get FOOD GRADE DE.

    I use this on my EB and my cat, CoCo, both internally & externally. Build up to 1 TBSP for Rocky daily.
    Sprinkle over food, mix it and serve it to him.

    You can work up to 1-2 TBSP yourself to guard any parasites you may ingest to kill them. It has other
    health benefits for you.

    I'm not sure tho if you can use this for Rocky while he has the Imervectrine and/or Droncit in his system
    so check that part out if you decide to use DE. Let us know, icky stuff but need to know effective remedies!
    Thank You Carol….

  7. #19
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post


    The Worms Crawl in..the worms crawl out...into your stomache and out your mouth!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  8. #20
    My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Twice's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bev
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post


    The Worms Crawl in..the worms crawl out...into your stomache and out your mouth!


    For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012


    Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

  9. #21
    Bullshiht-zu mavsfan4life's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,394
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    I'm late to respond, but happy to hear that it was a minor issue that can be taken care of easily


  10. #22
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Valentine215's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Kyle, TX
    Posts
    1,069
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    So glad you found out and are having it treated!

    RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

  11. #23
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Yes, the vet said it was very common in my area, I mean treated it so non chalontely I couldn't believe it, I was more worried than the Vet, vets tech's, Rocky or anyone, I'm like these worms have gotta go, and of course Rocky just looked at me as if to say, "If you say so Dad" !! Lmbo

    and Becky……You still ain't right !!!!!!! LMAO, but thats a good thang!

  12. #24
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Worms found in Rocky's poop??

    Those look like tapeworms to me. Normal wormers don't kill them, they need something a bit stronger, which you can get over the counter at your local pet store. To know if it's tapeworms for sure, check his bedding and look by his bum and up by his tail to see if you see any. When your pup has them you will see them freely walking around their bum area and on places that they have been sitting.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •