what age did your bully become lazy?

Mstngmxgy

Mar 23, 2013
Elk City, OK
Bulldog(s) Names
Grace
Grace is almost 6 months and she is pretty chill except when she wakes up for her nap or when I have to go to work then it's paws at it. Other than that she lounges around and just watches the house but she will be up if anything makes a sound or moves. :)

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Maybe lazy isn't the right word, but "chill". Butters is only 2 1/2 months old, and I know I should be loving every minute of the puppy stage. Its just he has soooo much energy and loves to play, but sometimes I wish he would like to cuddle or maybe just fall asleep on my lap. The most he ever cuddles is when I first let him out of his crate, he will cuddle for maybe 2 minutes, and then he's on to chasing his toys. Just curious at what age do bulldogs live up to the lazy reputation.
My dog is 8 months and he is very lazy, or should I say sleeping. Walks are fun, we down to the next door houses yard and then he crashes in the yard tired and sleepin.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh man I wish Wilson and Emma would snuggle up with me and cuddle too.....not happening for me anytime soon. I just rescued a senior 2.5 weeks ago and she's a snuggler. :love:

Bullies in general, as I'm seeing, are not the lazy dog most think they are.

[MENTION=6176]linwhite[/MENTION], the calm soul describes Sally. I asked Mike last night if he thought it was odd that when you put her somewhere (on the couch or holding her) that she doesn't more, like she just goes limp. She's extremely docile and calm unlike my the Hooligans.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Oh man I wish Wilson and Emma would snuggle up with me and cuddle too.....not happening for me anytime soon. I just rescued a senior 2.5 weeks ago and she's a snuggler. :love:

Bullies in general, as I'm seeing, are not the lazy dog most think they are.

@linwhite, the calm soul describes Sally. I asked Mike last night if he thought it was odd that when you put her somewhere (on the couch or holding her) that she doesn't more, like she just goes limp. She's extremely docile and calm unlike my the Hooligans.

Zam isn't that calm yet but he's only 11 months old and he's not docile really. He just doesn't project anxious or agitated vibes (except at poor Zoltan) and follow the rules without making a big deal out of it (except with poor Zoltan).

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
We got Pan when he was 4 months old, at that point he was still an active puppy, but like most babies he needed his naps. But he has always been a really chill dog. As a puppy, we took him to work with us - and most of the day you could find him laying on his bed under my desk and he would play for hours when he got home. Now that he is 4 1/2 he takes old man naps lasting a good portion of the day. His energy level has really diminished, but he still loves to play and run and jump around - but know it lasts for no more than an hour a day.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is two and goes through spurts when he was a puppy he was NUTS! Then when he hit about a year and a half he seemed to be more cuddly and calmed down...the past few months I feel like I am dealing with a 4 month old puppy again! It's crazy lol!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Bulldozer has been chilled from day one. He is the most laid back dog I've ever met. That's why we call him Dozey. Lol. His sister Blossom on the other hand is a crazy ball of energy, and is in play mode 24 hours a day.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I was asking myself that too when Geno was 2 and still in the puppy stage. He is three now and has become the bulldog you assume your getting when you first sign up. He does lay around a lot, but usually in the morning he is still very active and gets into things. Sometimes he runs around the house full speed for about five minutes. The great thing about him is when you want to take a nap or go to bed he's all about it, and if you want to take him for a walk or to the store, he's cool with that too. He is always up for anything :)

Rachelle

May 12, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kirby
Kirby has been pretty chill since I got him. He has his periods where he gets worked up and plays for a bit, gets super bitey and barks for no apparent reason. But he also goes to bed promptly at 9pm every night. Sleeps all night. He'll go hang out in his crate without complaint any time you ask him to. He's the most awesome pup ever! Now I'm just hoping he's not like human children and will all of a sudden become hyper as he gets older, like when you have a quiet baby but then when they hit toddler they're nuts lol.

The proof is in the pictures

IMAG0350.jpg

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey never cuddled as a really young pup. He started being a lap dog at about 6 months. Prior to that, if we brought him up on the couch, he used our arms, or whatever body part was exposed, as a chew toy! Then, at about 6 months, he started appreciating the invite up on the couch. He is still very active, but when he is tired, (which is more frequent now), he is a total lap dog- his head HAS to be touching us somewhere!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i didnt get sarah till she was one so not sure about before then but i think she started to slow down at about age 3 or so. she still walked and played just not as much as she was and now she doesnt really play at all or eat her bones anymore. she will go outside and walk around and sometimes come walking with me if its cool. sarah has never been a snuggler really but will lay her head on me and will lay close sometimes to be near me but dont try to hold her or kiss her lol she will turn away.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel is anywhere from 4 to 6 years old, depending on the information you are viewing at any particular time. She has NEVER been more than a couch potato. We had surgery to repair an almost closed airway, which helped, but she's still pretty content to nap most of the day. We have little spurts of energy every now and then, but this girl knows how to chill!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was born lazy... we got him at 6 months and he was the same up to the day he past at 7 yrs old. Banks is just short of 8 yrs old and she is still NOT lazy, we can take her for long walks, play for hour or more and she will go get a drink and come back for more. we have to monitor everything with her as she will not stop still she drops.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy was just starting to chill .. he was about 18 months ... and then we got Linus so he reverted back to being a few months old again. His energy level matched Linus 100% :blink:

Now Linus started to calm down a bit ... probably from about the time he was 18 months too. So Daddy is reverting back to being a more laid back bully. However, I have found that if they both go outside together, as in through the door at the same time that they are over-excited and run around like they think they're greyhounds!! If I let them out one at a time with a few moments gap in between they are not so crazy. So they are both still capable of getting themselves all riled up and bouncy!!!

Bella was our rescue, so no idea what she was like when she was younger. She is now four and just wants to snuggle and cuddle on the couch. :heart:

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance only started cuddling a lot in the last 6 months or so. Usually if one of us is on the couch (watching tv, reading, playing video games) he'll come up and sprawl next to us. If I'm on the couch, sometimes he'll come and tuck into me. Most of the time though he hates to share the couch with two people and seems pretty annoyed that we aren't out doing something. Case in point, last night he walked for 3 hours or so, ran in the water, chased sticks...then came home and wanted to play tug. Cuddling? What cuddling? (He's 2.5yrs.)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.