what age did your bully become lazy?

BUTTERS

Apr 10, 2013
Roseville, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Maybe lazy isn't the right word, but "chill". Butters is only 2 1/2 months old, and I know I should be loving every minute of the puppy stage. Its just he has soooo much energy and loves to play, but sometimes I wish he would like to cuddle or maybe just fall asleep on my lap. The most he ever cuddles is when I first let him out of his crate, he will cuddle for maybe 2 minutes, and then he's on to chasing his toys. Just curious at what age do bulldogs live up to the lazy reputation.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Maybe never...not all bullys grow up to be couch potatoes. My Usko is 2,5 years and is full of energy, but not as much as my 6 months old, who does sometimes drive me nuts. I know bullys who are very active at 8 years...so not all of them live up to their reputation...

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
IMO, the lazy thing is often because they can't breath well enough to be active. EBs can be totally nuts and very active but like any other breed that is influenced by each one's particular personality. EBs reach full adulthood at about 3 years old and like most adults are generally more chill than kids are. My first EB Zelda (RIP) was pretty much crazy her whole life. My current boy, Zamboni, has been more mellow since day one. He has the most calm soul or any bullie I've ever had and I've had a more few of differing sizes and types.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo went 'Chill' right about 18 months.....it was great for about 6 months, we were really loving life, and then we introduced Hershey . . OHHH Man ! where did my 'Chill' or 'Lazy' girl go? now Hershey is getting near 18 months and its starting to go back 'chill' again (finally!)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
There were many reasons I wanted a bully....one being after reading about them I thought hmmmmm...with working from home and not having alot of time to do long walks, etc. an ebd would be the perfect type......well, I was taken by surprise right off the get go.....Forde has alot of energy, he has of late calmed down some and lays around more than he use to......but for the first few years he was wide open.....family members have even commented i thought english bulldogs were suppose to be laid back and not have such high energy..... his vet has commented that most bulldogs come in and lie down and chill...Forde comes in and is busy over here, over there , doing this and that..... makes me laugh :lmaogirl:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Haha, this is funny since I just wrote a post in the Health forum about my 7.5 year old slowing down! I have one 7.5 and one that just turned 3 and my 3 year old, Truman, is a wild man for about 15 minutes...then he needs a 6 hour siesta! :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I would say the Diva chilled after Samson died...she was 3.5...now she is a chunky monkey and I am trying to get her more active so she can be at a healthier weight. She is a lazy thing now! I would think it is because of the extra weight though. So, if you keep your bully trim then I would think they have more energy but they are really all different!

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Mine will be two in sept and he definitely isn't lazy. I mean yes he sleeps like a bulldog lol but he has so much energy all the time ... When he comes in from his potty break he always runs around my kitchen table full speed a few times. U better stand clearer unwilling end up like a bowling pin..

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8559]BUTTERS[/MENTION], you sure have a long ways to go! Both of mine, at just over two years old, have a lot of energy to take hikes, brisk walks, and daily games of chase. BUT, they both have plenty of down time too and I notice they take more naps throughout the day.

captainy

May 27, 2013
Indianapolis
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chef D
Mine is 18 months old and I'm still waiting.

However, we find Chef D to be more chill when we are not at home. I currently have a hurt shoulder and can not play with him like normal. If he is getting excited I take him out to the bar/restaurant, to the park, downtown, basically where there are people. It relaxes him.

BTW - this is my first post. Our bully's name is Chef D.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber is 19 months and Ruby is 4 months old; I don't expect either of them to slow down anytime soon. They play tug of war with everything in the house, it doesn't matter....shoes, socks, magazines, toys you name it. If one sees the other with something that remotely looks appealing the tug is on. We have plenty of antlers but the one in the other ones mouth is always the important one at that moment in time. Always! Slowing down?? Not happening but we like it that way.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
ummmm well we are at 5 years and still going strong.....sometimes i just wish he would just chill out...he wants to go go go...play play play

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle is only 6 months but she is a ball of energy - aint nothin like that lil fat butt runnin around.

I just wanted to say I love the name Butters

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.