Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what age did your bully become lazy?

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what age did your bully become lazy?

Amber is 19 months and Ruby is 4 months old; I don't expect either of them to slow down anytime soon. They play tug of war with everything in the house, it doesn't matter....shoes, socks, magazines, toys you name it. If one sees the other with something that remotely looks appealing the tug is on. We have plenty of antlers but the one in the other ones mouth is always the important one at that moment in time. Always! Slowing down?? Not happening but we like it that way.

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

ummmm well we are at 5 years and still going strong.....sometimes i just wish he would just chill out...he wants to go go go...play play play

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Pickle is only 6 months but she is a ball of energy - aint nothin like that lil fat butt runnin around.

I just wanted to say I love the name Butters

Real Name
    Daniel
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grace
    Likes (Received)

Grace is almost 6 months and she is pretty chill except when she wakes up for her nap or when I have to go to work then it's paws at it. Other than that she lounges around and just watches the house but she will be up if anything makes a sound or moves.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Beaux
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERS View Post
    Maybe lazy isn't the right word, but "chill". Butters is only 2 1/2 months old, and I know I should be loving every minute of the puppy stage. Its just he has soooo much energy and loves to play, but sometimes I wish he would like to cuddle or maybe just fall asleep on my lap. The most he ever cuddles is when I first let him out of his crate, he will cuddle for maybe 2 minutes, and then he's on to chasing his toys. Just curious at what age do bulldogs live up to the lazy reputation.
    My dog is 8 months and he is very lazy, or should I say sleeping. Walks are fun, we down to the next door houses yard and then he crashes in the yard tired and sleepin.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh man I wish Wilson and Emma would snuggle up with me and cuddle too.....not happening for me anytime soon. I just rescued a senior 2.5 weeks ago and she's a snuggler.

Bullies in general, as I'm seeing, are not the lazy dog most think they are.

@linwhite, the calm soul describes Sally. I asked Mike last night if he thought it was odd that when you put her somewhere (on the couch or holding her) that she doesn't more, like she just goes limp. She's extremely docile and calm unlike my the Hooligans.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Oh man I wish Wilson and Emma would snuggle up with me and cuddle too.....not happening for me anytime soon. I just rescued a senior 2.5 weeks ago and she's a snuggler.

Bullies in general, as I'm seeing, are not the lazy dog most think they are.

@linwhite, the calm soul describes Sally. I asked Mike last night if he thought it was odd that when you put her somewhere (on the couch or holding her) that she doesn't more, like she just goes limp. She's extremely docile and calm unlike my the Hooligans.
    Zam isn't that calm yet but he's only 11 months old and he's not docile really. He just doesn't project anxious or agitated vibes (except at poor Zoltan) and follow the rules without making a big deal out of it (except with poor Zoltan).

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)

We got Pan when he was 4 months old, at that point he was still an active puppy, but like most babies he needed his naps. But he has always been a really chill dog. As a puppy, we took him to work with us - and most of the day you could find him laying on his bed under my desk and he would play for hours when he got home. Now that he is 4 1/2 he takes old man naps lasting a good portion of the day. His energy level has really diminished, but he still loves to play and run and jump around - but know it lasts for no more than an hour a day.
    If you canít adopt Ė foster.
    If you canít foster Ė sponsor.
    If you canít sponsor Ė volunteer.
    If you canít volunteer Ė donate.
    If you canít donate Ė educate, network, and crosspost.
    EVERYONE can do something large or small, to help save a life.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Winston is two and goes through spurts when he was a puppy he was NUTS! Then when he hit about a year and a half he seemed to be more cuddly and calmed down...the past few months I feel like I am dealing with a 4 month old puppy again! It's crazy lol!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Bulldozer has been chilled from day one. He is the most laid back dog I've ever met. That's why we call him Dozey. Lol. His sister Blossom on the other hand is a crazy ball of energy, and is in play mode 24 hours a day.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member cbh142's Avatar
    Real Name
    Colleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Geno
    Likes (Received)

I was asking myself that too when Geno was 2 and still in the puppy stage. He is three now and has become the bulldog you assume your getting when you first sign up. He does lay around a lot, but usually in the morning he is still very active and gets into things. Sometimes he runs around the house full speed for about five minutes. The great thing about him is when you want to take a nap or go to bed he's all about it, and if you want to take him for a walk or to the store, he's cool with that too. He is always up for anything

Real Name
    Rachelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kirby
    Likes (Received)

Kirby has been pretty chill since I got him. He has his periods where he gets worked up and plays for a bit, gets super bitey and barks for no apparent reason. But he also goes to bed promptly at 9pm every night. Sleeps all night. He'll go hang out in his crate without complaint any time you ask him to. He's the most awesome pup ever! Now I'm just hoping he's not like human children and will all of a sudden become hyper as he gets older, like when you have a quiet baby but then when they hit toddler they're nuts lol.

The proof is in the pictures

-imag0350-jpg
    I said I didn't want 4 kids, but I have a 4th and his name is Kirby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads