Bulldog color???

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I am new to this forum and wanted to see if someone could help. I received this picture of a puppy that is gray and blue eyes. Personally I have never seen this color of english bulldog. Plus the blues eyes makes me scratch my head. Currently looking for a new english bulldog. Do so love the color and the eyes.
Any help would be great
Thanks so much

Hey RainMan, and Welcome to EBN. I have to agree with the others in the rare colors are about $$$ not health. as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said and I strongly agree, it's a crap shoot when a breeder breeds for $$$$ instead of health, and these pets can be expensive enough without adding to the risk more health concerns. I've done some searches on the internet, and looked at different breeder sites, and I've seen the Blue EBD ranging from $6,500 up, But I also have a daughter who has a Blue Pitt Bull which my EBD plays with, She's wonderful, but when she has ANY issue it's usually 2X worse than any other Pitt has. Her stomach is so sensitive, her health issues get extreme, She's very loving and affectionate, and my daughter loved the idea she was unique, in her coloring being she was what they call blue. I'm thinking in my opinion, I would steer towards healthy, rather than exotic, this just being me. hope this helps.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome and gorgeous puppy.......there are several here as you see above that can give you adivce..good luck !!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], do your home work and check out the breeder. I do not recommend the exotic colors because those breeders are just ripping people off by charging big money for something that "they" say is rare and more expensive. They are not recognized by the AKC standard, and I'm a firm believer in staying with the standard. It's there for a reason.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
From what I have researched the blues do have more problems usually skin problems. Not so sure if that's the case if they are tri-colored, I just don't know but that may make a difference. Before I decided on an OEB I was looking for an APBT or the newer version the American Bully. One of the breeders that I was corresponding with had various but some blues as well and being someone with integrity even mentioned it as such and may have even stated so in the contract that the blues were subject to more skin issues. My Amstaff that I had in the mid 70's may have been what they consider blue today but not sure. His AKC papers listed him as black and brindle. The brindle was just undertones so He was black with white stockings and chest. Is that the same as blue? I don't know they just may call it blue today but I could certainly be wrong. He was very healthy though. I have been told if they have a bit of brindle in their coat even if they are predominately another color, it makes for healthier skin and coat.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rainman

May 25, 2013
Monterey Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Higgins
I have to say thank you so much for all the insight. No the health issue is a big part I know. My wife could not handle seeing the EBD get sick. The $$$$ now for the off color EBDs is nuts. My first EBD was way before they became popular. Will have a talk with my wife about all the great information everyone has given.
Thanks again so much

OP
R

Rainman

May 25, 2013
Monterey Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Higgins
My wife just read all the post everyone put in. She would love any breeder info for us to start calling around. Yes the blue/gray looks nice but not worth it for the health problems. I know very little about so called mini EBD. My wife said she likes the idea of one.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.