Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
After becoming single I decided I wanted a dog in the house...something that I that I said I would never have, when I think about that now I laugh.....it took a few years for me to make the decision...but in 2009 I started looking at dogs.....I just fell in love with the looks of the english bulldog......read about them....looked into breeders....this went on for like a year, suddenly one of the breeders I emailed said she had one available...to just come look at him.....I did....needless to say we brought him home that day...and I fell in LOVE with this guy.........all of my thoughts "ewwww, will he pee in the house.....will he tear things up.....will it smell like I have a DOG in the house ( lol) .......etc...etc...etc" suddenly disapeared .....he is so much a part of our family and I can't imagine life without him.......he has my heart :)

And I can see he's Tri-Colored the same as Rocky, Fawn, White, & Black.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I'm the same way. Fastidious over order, cleanliness and etc in my life and home. Perhaps more than a bit OCD. I have had dogs all my life except for an 18 year period when I lived on church property as a Pastor and any dog that I tried to have wouldn't work out. You can guess why. After we moved out of the parsonage and got our home in 1999 even though I had a love for dogs and would often reminisce about my first Ace a cocker spaniel I grew up with as a boy and my Brutus and AmStaff I had in the mid 70's I still wouldn't make the plunge. Long story short my wife got a maltese a couple of years ago our first totally inside dog. I love the dog as well but it made also reminisce about my past dogs who all stayed outdoors and what I missed with them not having them beside as the maltese was/is. I wanted another bully. My wife was skeptical about another AmStaff, or APBT worried that they may be too game and the safety of the maltese. I didn't think so and could have gotten my way but instead went with an OEB and my wife was convinced that it would be less game. Now I'm more than sold out. I love these bully's, the conformation, the temperament, the personality. Couldn't imagine not having one. And inside, with the shedding and the destruction of chewable items, but although I still like order and cleanliness the small stuff I used to think big doesn't matter much compared to the dogs. Dog odor? A maltese has virtually none the Bulldog? Oh well. But you know what I like the smell now.:D And as a bit of a disclaimer if you are thinking about getting an OEB because they are laid back and not game think again. They are not pitbull's don't get me wrong but they possess plenty of drive

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
agr
I'm the same way. Fastidious over order, cleanliness and etc in my life and home. Perhaps more than a bit OCD. I have had dogs all my life except for an 18 year period when I lived on church property as a Pastor and any dog that I tried to have wouldn't work out. You can guess why. After we moved out of the parsonage and got our home in 1999 even though I had a love for dogs and would often reminisce about my first Ace a cocker spaniel I grew up with as a boy and my Brutus and AmStaff I had in the mid 70's I still wouldn't make the plunge. Long story short my wife got a maltese a couple of years ago our first totally inside dog. I love the dog as well but it made also reminisce about my past dogs who all stayed outdoors and what I missed with them not having them beside as the maltese was/is. I wanted another bully. My wife was skeptical about another AmStaff, or APBT worried that they may be too game and the safety of the maltese. I didn't think so and could have gotten my way but instead went with an OEB and my wife was convinced that it would be less game. Now I'm more than sold out. I love these bully's, the conformation, the temperament, the personality. Couldn't imagine not having one. And inside, with the shedding and the destruction of chewable items, but although I still like order and cleanliness the small stuff I used to think big doesn't matter much compared to the dogs. Dog odor? A maltese has virtually none the Bulldog? Oh well. But you know what I like the smell now.:D And as a bit of a disclaimer if you are thinking about getting an OEB because they are laid back and not game think again. They are not pitbull's don't get me wrong but they possess plenty of drive

agree :)

Most Reactions

Members online