Secret Society of Bulldog People

SarahD

May 13, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
I was looking at the website yesterday at work, and left the page up on my computer screen. One of the teachers came in and saw it and, once she realized that we were actually going to own an EB, was so enthusiastic and excited telling me all about her "baby." She's bringing in all her "bulldog books" for me when we go back to school on Tuesday. (And it's a big school....but in the four years I've been there I've never more than greeted her in passing in the hall.) It's just amazing to me how many "bulldog people" have come out of the woodwork since we began looking for and then decided on Gigi--and it's even MORE amazing how generous everyone is with their excitement and good wishes and offers of help and advice. It's made me see some of the people I've discovered are EB owners in a completely different light--because it seems impossible for bullie owners not to gush and smile and reveal the kindest parts of themselves when they talk about their much-loved pets. It's so great!:drawheart:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Sarah, I've owned poodles, and cockers all my life, Rocky was an adoption for me, at a year old due to hardships the family was going through with illness. Since having Rocky, life has totally changed, First of all, every time I take him somewhere, he's an instant celebrity, second, folks have so many questions about owning bully's, asking questions like maintenance, novice pet or not, as the poll suggested today, is he neutered, do I intend to breed him so forth and so on, Yesterday while at Pet-Smart, Rocky drew a crowd in a few minutes, and he's so sociable, had to greet every baby, every other pet, laid on the floor with legs kicked out behind and ahead of him, and of course the crowd pleaser, butt in the air, head down low, teasing baby's with toys… Then running across two other EB owners, and of course we talked about their experiences, one was buying Royal Canine food because of it's shape, and I asked both if they were familiar with this site, neither had heard of it, hoping both join soon, But EBD people know EBD people, it's neat, and a feeling you can only get from being owned by a Bully !! The camaraderie of the Pet is so awesome !! :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well said!

And, having worked at a doggie daycare, I can tell you - it is amazing how Bulldog owners just bond like no other breed I have experienced.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We bully people stick together better than family.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Having a bully in your life, or more than one, sure does change things. In lots of great ways.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am officially obsessed with this breed. I laughed when Raj on The Big Bang Theory brought in his little yorkie in a stroller. Now we're looking for a stroller for Mabel. :D We're even considering a second if she will allow it. Maybe a puppy?

OP
SarahD

SarahD

May 13, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Hahaha! My youngest has a pink dog stroller all picked out on Amazon for Gigi--and my discussions with the kids about what is and is not appropriate for EBs kind of made her case for her, because she keeps saying things like, "There's shade for her if she's sitting in there" and, "If she's in the stroller it will be safer because she won't overheat as much from a lot of walking." Gigi has her best friend in our daughter Abby..... They can aid and abet each other :no:. (I'll totally admit, though, that the stroller is super cute. But I think my wild Amazon puppy purchasing has pushed my husband about to the limit already.....!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online