It's official!!! Duchess getting a brother

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Well it's official I am importing a show prospect male from the world famous British Gladiator show kennel in Hungary. Duchess is gonna have a little brother! They are almost exactly a year apart. I'm so excited but not looking forward to house training another but hopefully it goes quicker this time around. Who on here shows their dogs? I've been to shows but is a very stuck up and small circle. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to start for showing? I'm going to get him in training immediately! I will try to get pics but my Mac died so I'm running on iPhone and iPad only! Not sure how to get pics up from mobile device.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh how exciting, a new baby bully. Can't wait for pictures. When do you get him? Please keep us updated. Any potential names picked out?

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
Congrats on the new baby :)
And welcome to the world of dog showing :)
If you have never show before I would recommend contacting your local bulldog club I know chicago has one. If there isnt one close to you contact your local kennel club they can at least direct you to a good conformation class. For the most part you will find those of us that are owner handlers are pretty friendley and easy going and LOVE to talk about our dogs and showing. Some of your bigger pro handlers can be a little harder to get to know. Do you intend to show him yourself ? It can be a little tough starting out the show circuit can get very competative so be prepared. Check the AKC site for shows in your area and just go to watch and talk to the people in the bulldog area. I know the BCA has a mentoring program you could check there and see if there is a mentor in your area. The mentors are usually old time bulldoggers who have been breeding and showing forever and there usually very willing to help a newbie get started. Good luck and hopefully I will see you and your boy at a show sometime :) If I can be of any help feel free to let me know.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Well it's official I am importing a show prospect male from the world famous British Gladiator show kennel in Hungary. Duchess is gonna have a little brother! They are almost exactly a year apart. I'm so excited but not looking forward to house training another but hopefully it goes quicker this time around. Who on here shows their dogs? I've been to shows but is a very stuck up and small circle. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to start for showing? I'm going to get him in training immediately! I will try to get pics but my Mac died so I'm running on iPhone and iPad only! Not sure how to get pics up from mobile device.

Will you take a look at this? I googled the kennel so I could see pictures and this is what popped up. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/british-gladiator-bulldogs/english-bulldog-breeder-20130325395646.html

I did find their website and wow. It's a dandy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
CONGRATS..... best of luck with him
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] can help with showing

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Will you take a look at this? I googled the kennel so I could see pictures and this is what popped up. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/revie...s/english-bulldog-breeder-20130325395646.html

I did find their website and wow. It's a dandy!

i did find this. Beleive me I have done extensive research.
I spoke to him about those occurrences. I also spoke to countless positive references he provided. All I can say is his reputation speaks for itself. The references I spoke to some in the US and other in different countries, including other breeders absolutely raved about him and his dogs. I sent X-rays he provided to me of the pup to my vet. I will quote my vet," Sean I been in practice over 30 years and as you know I m know for my expertise in bulldogs. I have seen thousands of bulldogs and I am extremely surprised as I have never seen a young puppy have exhibit such perfect vertebrae and hips at such a young age". I appreciate the heads up though!

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Congrats on the new baby :)
And welcome to the world of dog showing :)
If you have never show before I would recommend contacting your local bulldog club I know chicago has one. If there isnt one close to you contact your local kennel club they can at least direct you to a good conformation class. For the most part you will find those of us that are owner handlers are pretty friendley and easy going and LOVE to talk about our dogs and showing. Some of your bigger pro handlers can be a little harder to get to know. Do you intend to show him yourself ? It can be a little tough starting out the show circuit can get very competative so be prepared. Check the AKC site for shows in your area and just go to watch and talk to the people in the bulldog area. I know the BCA has a mentoring program you could check there and see if there is a mentor in your area. The mentors are usually old time bulldoggers who have been breeding and showing forever and there usually very willing to help a newbie get started. Good luck and hopefully I will see you and your boy at a show sometime :) If I can be of any help feel free to let me know.

Thanks for reaching out I appreciate it! I'm sure I will flood you with questions!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] - so grateful that you did. Thank you. I'd hate for your heart to be broken like mine would be.....

His dogs look fabulous. I spent some serious time ooohing and ahhhing over them. Gorgeous. Truly gorgeous.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Oh how exciting, a new baby bully. Can't wait for pictures. When do you get him? Please keep us updated. Any potential names picked out?

I knew from the day I got duchess I would eventually get a boy and name him "Duke". Shipping is being arranged as we speak. I should get him 5/30 or 6/6.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I knew from the day I got duchess I would eventually get a boy and name him "Duke". Shipping is being arranged as we speak. I should get him 5/30 or 6/6.

What kind of transportation options are their from Hungary? Scueva, as I would be very frightened of air travel…

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm not sure of exacts yet. I know he travels by hand courier for a good portion. Takes a day break for feeding in Germany then flies to US. They use pet shipping service that assumes all liability and is fully insured. Shipping cost $800

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
What kind of transportation options are their from Hungary? Scueva, as I would be very frightened of air travel…

I was very concerned initially and am still a complete wreck, which I will be until he arrives safe and sound. I spoke to many people who imported dogs from overseas including a breeder friend of mine who has imported 3 dogs over the years and when using the right transportaion companies and taking the necessary precautions its as safe as you or I flying internationally.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well all I can say is good luck. There are excellent breeders right here in the USA that has some awesome bullies, and you don't have to worry about being scammed. I know several that are fairly close to you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online