Leaving now to pick up Princess from the vet...wish me luck!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad its better news than it could have been. I sure hope the treatment goes well. :pray:

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
@truffle shuffle @2BullyMama @Lauren31287 your good luck has worked! It's not good news but it also isn't horrible news! So there are a few worms in her heart but the vet said her heart looks good! There are not a ton of them which is good news and even better news that she isn't showing symptoms! She is on Doxycycline for a month then we will start the first phase of treatment. The first phase is an injection of Immiticide, she will then have to be kept very calm with no exercise for a month (shouldn't be too hard for her!!), then after the 30 days she will have two more rounds of Immiticide 24 hours apart, again we have to keep her calm for another 4-6 weeks. The final phase is an outpatient administration of oral Ivermectin then another dose 10 days later! The risk of this treatment is when the worms start to die off they break and can cause blood clots, so keeping them inactive is crucial!! She does have a hernia but for now we just have to keep a close eye on it! Princess is a tough girl so I know she will beat this!

Hooray! One for the good guys!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
So glad you caught it in time before it got real bad. Hoping the treatment will have her completely clear of them in due course

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad to hear the news. I don't know much about heartworms or the treatment but so glad to know she sounds like she's going to pull through. Very happy for both of you!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.