Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Mini" English Bulldog??

Ace is as rambunctious as anyone could ask for around the house [sometimes more than some would want] and very affectionate too. But I have noticed when I take him away from the house and he is around strange dogs and people he is at first much more reserved, less rambunctious but still affectionate and likes to shake up to and be touched by others. You may find something similar with your own little boy. He may be one way around all that he knows well and a little different around others, strangers. His personality is still being developed. I bet he will be so winsome he will make your heart melt. By the way he is so cute and by your description of his attitude I would love to have him myself. My wife would shoot me though If I mentioned getting another bulldog at this point in time.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Hi there! Well Daisy is considered a Mini bulldog. Not a miniEBD What Ive read up on them is that the Mini EBD are basically bred by getting the two smallest puppies from different litters( of course) And thats what makes them small. I guess it can be done through several breedings. Daisy is a EBD/Pug. They call them either mini bulldog or pugabull. We are told she will get to around 30 pounds. When we brought her home at 8 weeks she was about 5 pounds... and in the last 2 weeks shes gained 3 pounds.. Hope some of that info helps.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

When I first got Rocky, he tilted the scale at 47.7 pounds, now he's right at 50, yet he was the runt of the litter, The other day while at Pet Smart, another owner of EBD asked if Rocky was a mini ebd, and I replied no, and he said his EBD was 75 lbs, I read somewhere, typically Males were 50-55 pounds, and females a little smaller, typically, my first question to this guy was what do you feed your EBD, and he replied nothing but Royal Canine, 34 oz bottle a day all at one feeding, and I feed Rocky 1 cup Blue buffalo in the morning, and the same in the evening for a total of 2 cups a day. Rocky is solid though, and even at 50 pounds looks butterballish lol.

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

50 pounds is the breed standard weight for a male and 40 for a female. Rocky is too fat if you can't see his waistline when looking down from above. there are several threads with pictures showing this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads