Can i walk my puppy just after his second shots .

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
I dont see it being a problem (I did it with Colossus). Others here might have stronger opinions. I made special effort to keep him from other dogs and minimize the interaction he had with people etc until he got his third round. But I still wanted him to venture out in the neighborhood.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I say no! Wait until his complete series of shots are finished. Different pups immunities kick in at different ages. Why risk it? We weren't even allowed to take Jake to Petsmart in a cart until his shots were all done!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Everyone has always said the vets recommend waiting until after the third set of shots, and our vet is no exception. That said, I've heard of some people who don't even let their pups go outside for potty trips until after all shots.

We haven't adhered to that strictness. After all, we already had HRH so Amy is going to be exposed to anything she brings in from our yard anyway, but she hasn't been out walking outside of our own yard. And I believe in trying to start potty training asap.

As far as outings, I carried her into Petco to get her polka dot dress because I couldn't be sure of the size till I laid it against her, but I carried her the whole time. The other two outfits she owns I got when we went to Petsmart without her. (Petsmart has some of the best sales, can't resist $4.00 dresses) Other than that she has only been to the Vet's offices. Oh and Bruce carried her over to our neighbors house a couple times where she played in their yard with their grandson. (they don't own a dog, so its unlikely she would pick up anything in their yard)

She gets her 3rd set of shots next Wednesday. Then we will be ready for a public debut.
But I did get her a harness and started walking her up and down the sidewalk in our own yard already, just so she could get in practice and get some exercise.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would wait till all shots are done... as LariP stated - after third round, just not worth the risk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.