Bruno update

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hi everyone. We picked Bruno up on Friday night. Aside from the obvious post operation blues, he's really good. He's such a brilliant dog, calm and totally cooperative.

He's given the roast lamb a big thumbs up. Goodness knows it's going to be hard getting him back to dog food after this ordeal but we're just happy to spoil him now.

Any advice on how to encourage him to drink more water? He's not keen and I just worry that he's not getting enough hydration.

As for Gidget, it might sound strange, but I think she knows her brother is sick. She has been ever so gentle with him.

Thanks for your prayers and positive vibes.

Here's a little pic of him in his crate.

Sick Bruno.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Poor guy. I'm sure that he'll heal in no time since he gets such yummy meals ... I mean because he has such awesome parents. :happy:

My guys tend to drink more when I put a little chicken or beef broth in their water. Some members put pedialyte too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Post-op I always use a syringe with water, just push it out and they will lick it. All of mine ive done this with love this, but then again who doesn't like to be babied? It makes a mess though :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I also make small ice cubes with weak chicken broth from boiled chicken. Sometimes post op this is a nice treat that will not upset the tummy. Bruno looks so sweet. Glad he is OK.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Glad to hear all is going good with Bruno, Gloria I use a kids drink bottle where the spout pulls up and put it in Ftse's mouth when he needs a drink and is not drinking and I have found this works well and does try to push it out but also drinks the water at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bruno and Gidget
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
I also make small ice cubes with weak chicken broth from boiled chicken. Sometimes post op this is a nice treat that will not upset the tummy. Bruno looks so sweet. Glad he is OK.

Thanks Sharon.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear all is going good with Bruno, Gloria I use a kids drink bottle where the spout pulls up and put it in Ftse's mouth when he needs a drink and is not drinking and I have found this works well and does try to push it out but also drinks the water at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Julie.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy to hear all went well... i too use the syringe or ice cubes depends on which doesn't work at the time,

:hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.