created a bed monster...now I need to figure out how to get him on it when he is too heavy...

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually is 58lbs and I have to lift him in and out of bed every day. On occasion he will jump off the bed but its to high for him to jump up on. If I leave him on the floor at night he will wake me up around 1am or 2am by whining and scratching at the side of my bed.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7262]Kross225[/MENTION] is so right, the doggy stairs they sell are terribly flimsy and don't support much weight at all. We've got an ottoman at the end of our bed but I think your bed maybe to tall for that.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have a set of doggie stairs from walmart. They weren't that expensive and they are well made. Make sure to check what they are made of, I don't think the foam ones will be good for our tubby little guys. The one I purchased, the internal stuff seems to be made of a milk crate type of material. Very thick and sturdy and pretty light for me to handle and move around.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We had a ramp for a while, but then I went out and bought a nice bench that is the width of the bed and just the right height for them to jump up on the bench then a little jump onto the bed.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH wouldn't use the steps we got for her (she was afraid of them), so we got rid of them. Now we are discussing looking for more for Amy because once her hips start to be an issue for her she sure can't be jumping up and down the way HRH does.

Most Reactions