Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: created a bed monster...now I need to figure out how to get him on it when he is too heavy...

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: created a bed monster...now I need to figure out how to get him on it when he is too heavy...

pet stairs...i have a wood carpeted ones for the bedroom...3 steps....and the living room i have a plastic 2 step since the couch is lower....i may have gotten the carpeted ones from foster and smith...can't remember

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: created a bed monster...now I need to figure out how to get him on it when he is too heavy...

I have a low night stand table that Tate climbs up on to reach the bed; Finn can pretty jump up very easily. I also have an ottomon near the bed that they can use.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

My daddy made some stairs (carpeted no less!) for Samson and Petunia....but I have seen some really sturdy ones for about $50 that can handle the weight of a full grown bully.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Dually is 58lbs and I have to lift him in and out of bed every day. On occasion he will jump off the bed but its to high for him to jump up on. If I leave him on the floor at night he will wake me up around 1am or 2am by whining and scratching at the side of my bed.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Kross225 is so right, the doggy stairs they sell are terribly flimsy and don't support much weight at all. We've got an ottoman at the end of our bed but I think your bed maybe to tall for that.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

I have a set of doggie stairs from walmart. They weren't that expensive and they are well made. Make sure to check what they are made of, I don't think the foam ones will be good for our tubby little guys. The one I purchased, the internal stuff seems to be made of a milk crate type of material. Very thick and sturdy and pretty light for me to handle and move around.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We had a ramp for a while, but then I went out and bought a nice bench that is the width of the bed and just the right height for them to jump up on the bench then a little jump onto the bed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

HRH wouldn't use the steps we got for her (she was afraid of them), so we got rid of them. Now we are discussing looking for more for Amy because once her hips start to be an issue for her she sure can't be jumping up and down the way HRH does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads