So freaking excited

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We don't have a fenced in yard so in the meantime, we're installing a 50ft zip line for Remi. I am so unbelievably excited!!! As soon as the rain stops, we're installing this bad boy.

There is no way I'm leaving Remi out unattended for more than 3 minutes, but when we're outside together, currently I tie him to a tree or one of my lattice posts and he gets tangled up like 4x an hour. I am just so excited to give him an amazing, tangle-free sniffing and roaming experience while I'm gardening or having a martini on the patio.

We're going to stick it between 2 huge trees, all shade for him.

Anyone else have one - what do you think?

YIPPEE.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We are lucky enough to have a fence. But I hope this goes as well as you hope. :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
What a great idea, Jane! We have a very small fenced area, but I'd love to let Mabel explore more. We do OK with her off least until someone walks by. Fortunately she LOVES other people, but dogs not so much.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We just bought our home about a hear ago, about a quarter of an acre on a corner lot. It would be thousands to put in a fence, but we have definitely considered perhaps a smaller area so he can run around, and giving us a little privacy couldn't hurt.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
at first I was like, what's a zip line? I'm thinking those things where people get strapped in and sail above the trees to the other end of the line. I figured you weren't talking about that....LOL
Once I read more I figured out what you were talking about. That sounds awesome! I'm sure he will totally enjoy the freedom that comes along with that. I know how having the security of a fenced in yard feels, so this is a very close 2nd to that.
Please post pics of him sailing above the trees, oh, I mean, of him dancing in the yard from excitement. :-)

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Please post pics of him sailing above the trees, oh, I mean, of him dancing in the yard from excitement. :-)

Will do! DH tried to install it yesterday but his drill bit broke off in the tree :/ Off to home depot...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
erm, can someone please explain what a zip line "fence" is? :confused:

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ahh, got it. that's a great idea. I never would have thought of it.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
My dad used to have one of those for his jack russell. It worked great! He could zip back and forth from the porch to a big tree and get his energy out. I think that's a great idea! :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great idea.... before we got our fence the b/f wanted one for Cheli

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Will do! DH tried to install it yesterday but his drill bit broke off in the tree :/ Off to home depot...

That sounds like when we do something I generally break the drill but of and it will be stuck somewhere lol what is a zip line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.