adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello!
I have been looking for a life jacket for Winston this summer but havent been able to find one that fits properly. They are either too long in the body or dont fit around his neck. Where did you purchase your life jacket if you have one?
Also, I am ready to buy Winston a nice leather harness or another nice material. Where is the best place to purchase a quality, durable harness?
The stores here are very limited for harnesses so I have only found one that fits him semi-okay and he is wearing it now. It's on its way out so I need to replace it.
Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hello!
I have been looking for a life jacket for Winston this summer but havent been able to find one that fits properly. They are either too long in the body or dont fit around his neck. Where did you purchase your life jacket if you have one?
Also, I am ready to buy Winston a nice leather harness or another nice material. Where is the best place to purchase a quality, durable harness?
The stores here are very limited for harnesses so I have only found one that fits him semi-okay and he is wearing it now. It's on its way out so I need to replace it.
Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

I seen some the other day @ Petsmart, I was looking for a car safety restraint for mine, and right under the safety restraints I seen life preservers. I'm from Louisiana, so many hunters use boats to transport their sporting pets, Labs, Pitt Bulls, even taking poodles fishing, all of them have life preservers on when I see them. I'll either have to wait and ask where they found them, most were in Camoflauge, or you can Google some results and do some measurements for one. Since you don't have many choices to pick from around you, You may want to start a google search if no one else has any ideas, But someone has to be carrying them, as many as I see around here.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
my bet for the ones you see the Hunter's using with their dogs is probably bass pro/cabalas, best bet since u say they were in camo colors..Plus those places do have them in their catalogs for just that hunting dogs!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
my bet for the ones you see the Hunter's using with their dogs is probably bass pro/cabalas, best bet since u say they were in camo colors..Plus those places do have them in their catalogs for just that hunting dogs!

makes a lot of sense Jessica, it didn't cross my mind then, but bet anything your right…lol, and I go to both of them a lot, but never for life preservers.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have seen [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Winston with a life jacket on in a photo maybe she can help you😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I got mine at Petco. They do fit a little long but work well ... I had researched the "Outward Hound" brand and feel confident in their product but since I needed mine right then I purchased the Petco Brand and they worked, kept both of my babies afloat and they were able to move freely but still held afloat when they went in the water.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We got Princess Gracie's at PetSmart:

One reason we choose this one for HRH is that it has flotation under her chin to help her hold her head up.

Last edited:
OP
adamslater

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I ended up buying a life jacket online and it came in today. It's made by Paws Aboard and it fits very well. Can't wait to let him use it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online