Petition to stop Puppy mills 05/13/2013 Began

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
The number of litters per breeder should be set period. So many per breeding dam and so many per breeder a year. And that number should be set in total regardless how many different breeds a breeder is selling. In other words whether they have one breed of dog or 10 different breeds the total number they can produce should not exceed a certain number per year. This should include all imported dogs as well. Someone who exports dogs to the United States must abide by the same law or be banned from selling here

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
The number of litters per breeder should be set period. So many per breeding dam and so many per breeder a year. And that number should be set in total regardless how many different breeds a breeder is selling. In other words whether they have one breed of dog or 10 different breeds the total number they can produce should not exceed a certain number per year. This should include all imported dogs as well. Someone who exports dogs to the United States must abide by the same law or be banned from selling here

Tim, I can't agree with you more, and I read somewhere in this article, that if a breeder sold 50 Dogs per year, they would be considered as commercial breeders, and would have to be inspected and comply with a portion of USDA, which get this, only has 77 qualified Vet inspectors to inspect 8,800 breeding farms now, and in Missouri alone, they reported 1,500-1,800 breeders unregistered puppy farms. And as far as importing them, the Border Patrol and Customs is finding Dogs, hidden in speaker boxes, Screwed into door panels of car and truck doors, JFK Airport seized 30 dogs last year shipped in Boxes, wrapped in plastic wrap, 20 of these animals were dead upon arrival, leaving 10, How can this go on? Supposidly Obama has looked at new legislation in 2010, and again in 2011, Now through this school group and the Super Model news story, they have this petition going, already with 50,000 + signatures and growing everyday, Obama challenged the voters if they had "X" amount of signatures, and I am not sure what that number was, he would evaluate and address that problem, So it's looking like their well on their way to this number… So in finding the story and all, it curled my stomach, and raised my blood Pressure, and in hopes y'all felt like me, I posted the article to the petition, in hopes of gaining more signatures, and getting more folks aware and backing this. I'm ALL for free enterprise, don't get me wrong, but the way these other countries are shipping the pets to us, and the way these puppy farms are running ramped, My personal choice is If you sell more than 10 puppies a year, I would love to see an inspection done, regulations followed, These pets treated humanely, and so on and so forth, If your going to be in business, then follow the guidelines, if your an amateur then in limiting the liters of puppies makes excellent sense, if you want to play ball against the reputable breeders, the people that do it right, and treat these pets as they should be, then be open for inspection!! thats just my opinion though, and I'm tough for reasons I haven't given….. These pets give to us so much, and a lot we don't even understand, for them to be treated inhumanely brings my blood to a boil, I'm a FIRM BELIEVER in an eye for an eye, Lock them up in the same cages they put these pets in, same conditions, same food choices etc, Not breed them for heaven sake, just pin them up!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Was it Gandhi who said: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated". Maybe someone should remind Obama of this..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Signed and shared on facebook!!!

Puppy mills are the spawn of the devil!! As somebody involved in rescue, I can only say how sickened I am by the condition of the bulldogs we rescue from these places and the way they are treated is beyond heart breaking!!!

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
My daughter is a 4th grader. We just had a very similar conversation. I did show her some youtube videos of Puppy Mills. She asked "Why would someone start a puppy mill?" It's all money. Sad but true. Educated youth is a powerful tool. Start them young and you never know how much change can come about when young people are involved.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Def, signed and shared, these puppymills, backyard breeders disguest me.. My mom went to get a pom, when she told me it was a retired breeding dog, i said well be careful b/c chances are now days thats its probably a puppy mill. Sure enough she said they got there the dog was matted, underweight, the lady put it down and it went and peed all over the house, as bad as my mom felt she left w/o the dog. I hated going to webpages when we were looking for a new addition and seeing someone who's actively breeding 3 or more breeds of dogs. In MY own BELIEF if you are breeding 6 different types of dogs with more than one breeding pair or even just one breeding pair of each your not in it for the right reasons. How much care can you give those puppies and dogs...I also think these "designer" breeds haven't helped the matter either, yea some are cute like the laberdoodles, but really its a mutt, and these people want outrageous prices for these mixed breed dogs. To me its crazy just my 2 cents!!!

However Kudo's to these children for taking an stand!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.