Should I get a new pup?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
That's crazy I'm looking at importing a puppy from Hungary with international champion parents for $4k + shipping . Some breeders in states are crazy, actually most are!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The Chicago rescue has a pre screening questionnaire and won't even allow you to submit an application if you tell them you have an unfenced pond. It's because of that that we ended up finding HRH the way we did.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:hmm: Here we go again! Asking the addicts for help.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

:whistle: i say yes!

:hmm: I think you all know what my answer would be. :evilha:

I think if you're going to get another get it now. While I did three puppies within a year of each other (it was chotic no doubt) I got all that potty training out of the way before I got set back in my ways. It's like having a baby no doubt. A male is a great choice!!

If you don't end up getting this one, do get another. One is a lonely number. :yes: :laugh:

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
That's crazy I'm looking at importing a puppy from Hungary with international champion parents for $4k + shipping . Some breeders in states are crazy, actually most are!
I really wanted him. Hubby is in love but I can't justify that kind of $.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Chicago rescue has a pre screening questionnaire and won't even allow you to submit an application if you tell them you have an unfenced pond. It's because of that that we ended up finding HRH the way we did.
Some rescues can be rather off putting. When my son was almost a year old and my girls were 8 and 5 I wanted to adopt a cat. I contacted a rescue and the lady was so nasty. Here I am an employed person with my own home and wanted to rescue a cat yet I was turned down. The lady essentially told me that I was a bad parent and potential pet owner because I wanted to bring a homeless cat into a safe loving home that had young children. I get that there is the potential for an animal to be hurt but I am a strong believer that everyone, both skin and fur kids, have to be supervised. I knew what type of children I had, I also knew that no matter what supervision is always a good thing. For the lady to say what she did was way out of line. When I showed the emails to an attorney that I work with she was appalled. I did end up getting a kitten through a friend of a friend and she is still alive and very much loved by the children that the lady said posed a danger to an animal.

Last edited:
OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:hmm: I think you all know what my answer would be. :evilha:

I think if you're going to get another get it now. While I did three puppies within a year of each other (it was chotic no doubt) I got all that potty training out of the way before I got set back in my ways. It's like having a baby no doubt. A male is a great choice!!

If you don't end up getting this one, do get another. One is a lonely number. :yes: :laugh:

That is what I keep telling myself...lol. I do want another. Raven is such a joy to have. When I discussed the whole new pup with hubby he took one look at her and was like hells yeah.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One is a lonely number. :yes: :laugh:
:lies: I'm not so sure you are going to convince HRH of that.

She is still wondering when we are going to take :evil: Amy back to wherever she came from and leave her to her kingdom in Peace. :pray2:

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]...hopefully everyone will be one big happy family.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION]...sent me a link of a young special needs pup that needs a home. I just submitted the app! Let's see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
@GoldenRod...sent me a link of a young special needs pup that needs a home. I just submitted the app! Let's see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh great. Now I have to go back and read the ENTIRE thread to find out how we got to not being sure about getting a new pup to now trying to get a special needs pup! Well, anyway, good luck!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fingers Crossed! :pray:

Oh and we will be one big happy family I'm sure. HRH will come around, and Amy will quit tormenting her every second. These things just take time. :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.