Should I get a new pup?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I found an adorabull male that has me itching to bring him home. Hubby and the kids are all rooting me on but....I am a little skeptical. That little face is calling me. Hubby definitely wants a boy this time around. I figured it would be best so we can avoid any fighting (hope so anyways). I think the biggest thing holding me back is the thought of house breaking again, well aside from the cost of the new pup. I think it would be great for Raven to have a playmate but I am worried about when we go on vacation, if we can't take them, if it will be too hard to get a sitter for two pups.

Anyone have some input for me. Was it easier to potty train your second seeing as you had the first one already to show them the ropes?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL...I know rough group to ask. There are so many pros and then the little cons jump up.

I think it's on hold. I called the breeder and she wanted wayyyy more than I am ready to pay right now. My husband was laughing. He said since the pup is only 8 week old, give her a few more weeks of holding on to him and she will drop that price. LOL. I can see that...an expensive dog is up there with a nice luxury purchase and times are hard.

Oh well guess I will go buy some more toys for Raven.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Seriously, potty training depends on you and the pup. Banks was our second and she was a breeze because she just followed the schedule we set for Nitschke. As for vacations... I always line up family to stay at our house with them, but 1st choice is they go where we go.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have been checking out rescues as well but it's hard with them wanting a fully fenced yard. Mine is partially fenced as there is a shared drive with my one neighbor so they won't let me adopt :cry: Guess for now Raven will continue to be an only spoiled child.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Seriously, potty training depends on you and the pup. Banks was our second and she was a breeze because she just followed the schedule we set for Nitschke. As for vacations... I always line up family to stay at our house with them, but 1st choice is they go where we go.

I figured the potty training would go a bit better since there would be a ready example for him. Last trip (cruise) my sister stayed the 9 days with her in our house. Wish they would allow you to take your pups on a cruise..lol. I can see it now, Raven and I up on the top deck sunning in the chairs.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I figured the potty training would go a bit better since there would be a ready example for him. Last trip (cruise) my sister stayed the 9 days with her in our house. Wish they would allow you to take your pups on a cruise..lol. I can see it now, Raven and I up on the top deck sunning in the chairs.

Yes, Banks would be in the chair next to me... belly up soaking up the sun!

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, Banks would be in the chair next to me... belly up soaking up the sun!

I can just see it now..lol. Of course we would also allow the hubby and skin kids to come along.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I think that if you have doubts, don't do it.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think that if you have doubts, don't do it.

Not really doubts so much. Just wanted to really evaluate before I jumped. Kind of on that cusp and was looking for a slight nudge to really tip me into the area that I was headed..make sense :crazy:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.