New Feeder for Linus thanks to Porkysmama

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, we must be some of luckiest people around!

We got the chance to get a custom made feeder from [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] to support the charity auctions last month and it arrived today! It's ADORABLE!

376869_10151596570109693_279666908_n.jpg

Linus LOVES it ... and Truman does too! So far they have drank two full bowls of water from it and can't stay away! It's a really nice height so I'll be very interested to see how Linus does with it at dinner.

Thanks again to [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] for such an awesome prize! We love it!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE .... love seeing the auction winners!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
that is beautiful! i wanted to bid on that but Lola eats out of our hands exclusively. spoiled maybe, yes. but not food motivated also likely :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:2thumbs: thank you [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION]

very very nice :clap2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such a cute pic .. but I have to confess to looking not so much at the feeder bowls .. and spending more time swooning over that hunk of gorgeousness that is Linus!!! :heart:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Linus deserves the best and he got the best. :). Miss seeing pics of the boys. <3 <3 <3

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Might seem like a silly question... but should bulldogs be eating out of a raised bowl? I haven't come across anything yet. I can see how it might help them, just wondering if it's recommended.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Might seem like a silly question... but should bulldogs be eating out of a raised bowl? I haven't come across anything yet. I can see how it might help them, just wondering if it's recommended.

Depends on the dog really porky does great with hers (same one just not as "good" as roger says lol) some dogs need higher bowls n some need their bowls on the ground!!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman

I agree with [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] that it's really situational. Linus is an older bully so he doesn't eat too fast but he has really bad respiratory allergies and I noticed they were getting REALLY bad after he ate. This has improved that a lot because his head isn't down the entire time. Also, we feed really tiny kibbles - it's great food but I do not like the kibble size - and he is able to get everything in the bowl WITHOUT causing a huge mess!

So far, so good! I am going to clean my baseboards tomorrow and hopefully they will stay clean with the new feeder!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Melissa, it's really a matter of preference of parent and pet, With my Cocker Spaniels, I always kept them in a full cocker cutt at the groomer, toe nails painted etc, Their bowls were narrow, because their ears would get into the food, and they would pick up crumbs etc, a little water mixed with the food, and you had a full blown mess, Show a cocker a brush at this point, and they would gladly show you some teeth in return..... That said, I've been thinking the same thing for Rocky, he makes a ton of noise, snorting, and grumbling, etc when he eats, So the thought pattern here is if I raise his bowls, (of course spoiling him) would it make it easier for him to eat, and would he make less of a mess, and trying to justify it for him and me too. He would probably appreciate it, But I have his water and food in the same bowls I got when I adopted him, now it just contains a better food than Pedigree, switching over to Blue Buffalo, But if it were more convienient for him and I to raise his bowls, then I would be forced to go out into the shop and break out the woodworking tools (Bending my Arm) which I feel if it helps and spoils him a little bit, it's worth it, again thinking I wouldn't want to put a plate of food on the floor, and me sit there and try to get from the plate to my mouth without having to hover over the plate. But to answer your question directly, I havent read anywhere that bullys need their bowls raised, but then again I never read anywhere cocker spaniels needed a tapered bowl either, it's just spoiling them and more convienient for me, Since I'm single, I appreciate his efforts in not making a tremendous mess everywhere, he already pounces on and attacks the vacum when it's running, I'll have to get some pictures of that.....lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.