Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mbd963 View Post
    Might seem like a silly question... but should bulldogs be eating out of a raised bowl? I haven't come across anything yet. I can see how it might help them, just wondering if it's recommended.
    Depends on the dog really porky does great with hers (same one just not as "good" as roger says lol) some dogs need higher bowls n some need their bowls on the ground!!
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Feeder for Linus thanks to Porkysmama

Might seem like a silly question... but should bulldogs be eating out of a raised bowl? I haven't come across anything yet. I can see how it might help them, just wondering if it's recommended.
    I agree with @porkysmamma that it's really situational. Linus is an older bully so he doesn't eat too fast but he has really bad respiratory allergies and I noticed they were getting REALLY bad after he ate. This has improved that a lot because his head isn't down the entire time. Also, we feed really tiny kibbles - it's great food but I do not like the kibble size - and he is able to get everything in the bowl WITHOUT causing a huge mess!

So far, so good! I am going to clean my baseboards tomorrow and hopefully they will stay clean with the new feeder!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Hey Melissa, it's really a matter of preference of parent and pet, With my Cocker Spaniels, I always kept them in a full cocker cutt at the groomer, toe nails painted etc, Their bowls were narrow, because their ears would get into the food, and they would pick up crumbs etc, a little water mixed with the food, and you had a full blown mess, Show a cocker a brush at this point, and they would gladly show you some teeth in return..... That said, I've been thinking the same thing for Rocky, he makes a ton of noise, snorting, and grumbling, etc when he eats, So the thought pattern here is if I raise his bowls, (of course spoiling him) would it make it easier for him to eat, and would he make less of a mess, and trying to justify it for him and me too. He would probably appreciate it, But I have his water and food in the same bowls I got when I adopted him, now it just contains a better food than Pedigree, switching over to Blue Buffalo, But if it were more convienient for him and I to raise his bowls, then I would be forced to go out into the shop and break out the woodworking tools (Bending my Arm) which I feel if it helps and spoils him a little bit, it's worth it, again thinking I wouldn't want to put a plate of food on the floor, and me sit there and try to get from the plate to my mouth without having to hover over the plate. But to answer your question directly, I havent read anywhere that bullys need their bowls raised, but then again I never read anywhere cocker spaniels needed a tapered bowl either, it's just spoiling them and more convienient for me, Since I'm single, I appreciate his efforts in not making a tremendous mess everywhere, he already pounces on and attacks the vacum when it's running, I'll have to get some pictures of that.....lol

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Love it and I have added a photo of my auction win donated by Amy and I love this bag and everyone has commented how nice it is. -bag-001-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads