Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vacation dilemma

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: vacation dilemma

la quinta is a pet friendly hotel too and there are a lot of them in the north east.

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

I have only had to leave mine once and when I did I left them at home and my Step Mother came over and spent all day with them. They were only alone at night. Any other time I take them with me, I aboslutely refuse to board them anywhere. Thats the whole reason I own a camper!!

Good luck!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

We went on vacation for 9 days this past November. I had my sister stay in the house with Raven so it was a familiar space. It was great because my sister wasn't working at the time so she was able to stay home the whole time with her. Good luck figuring it out. If you know your boys won't give your baby as much attention as necessary it might be a good idea to use the friend that has a bully. Just take your baby over for playdates so he will be familiar with the other house, dog and sitter. Good idea to see if the dogs will be compatible hanging out, better to know ahead of time if you have to opt for having a dog walker come in to your home instead.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

It would totally freak me out to think that they would be alone in the house overnight.

Whenever we've had to go away I've always paid a friend to come over and doggy sit for me. Gives me peace of mind that the house and they are being watched over by somebody I trust.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Doughnut
    Likes (Received)

We keep our guy home and have a pet sitter stay at our house. I use one of the vet techs at my vets office as a sitter.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Id like to thank everyone for their responses. Unfortunately the hotel were booked at is not pet friendly (accomodations were made for my entire extended family so i cant change it at this point). I wasnt exactly clear on my post but my boys are coming along with us so there wont be anyone home to care for them. It either must be someone checking in or taking them somewhere for a few days. I havent decided yet. I'd have abetter time staying home with him than where we are going on vacation! Thanks again everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads