Worst dog breed ever.....

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
.....for ME!!!

Haha no I am really just kidding.. But all joking aside, I have been known to be a little bit of a hypochondriac. Which means I tend to worry about every little thing and make problems out to be bigger than they actually are. So why on EARTH would I get a dog that:
  • has more little problems than most dogs (breathing problems, hip problems)
  • has daily maintenance needs (butt wiping, wrinkle wiping, yeast infections)
  • has the inability to last long while playing with other dogs
  • sinks instead of swims (i'm working on this)
  • cannot stay outside for more than 5 minutes when the temperature is over 75 without 100 cooling apparatuses
  • is stubborn as ****
  • looks like a shark from underneath
  • is incredibly stubborn and barrels through things like a tank

And then I realized the reason is quite simple. It's because of this:
ajyrebe3.jpg

My how I love my little big guy. Stresses me out beyond belief but I wouldn't trade him for anything :p:p

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
It's the mothering syndrome, or for me the Fathering syndrome..... We know they can't survive without us, and we don't trust anyone else to do it, which makes us bond even closer to one another and deep love and admiration.... my only explanation.... hope this helps, cost me a mint with my shrink to get this answer...lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And, none of us would have it any other way.... LOVE this post and the picture is AWESOME!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Love, love love your pic! And I agree with all your reasons!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You just have to look at their little funny old man faces, and you can't help but fall in love. And they are so sweet, gentle, and loving in return.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:ROFL: I saw the title of this thread and thought .. Whoa, there's fighting talk if I ever saw it .... then went on to read it!!

Such an adobabull picture too!! :heart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] LOL I thought the same thing. I'm gonna kick somebodies A$$. Then I read it. :rofl: They can have their problems but we love them just the same and wouldn't have it any other way. Besides bullies aren't for everyone, just us crazy bully people. :2thumbs:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Lol...right there with ya...about everything!

I got Cami 2 months ago, a very healthy bully without many of the common
bully ailments. Her owners couldn't keep her and I adopted her. She was in heat
(going to spay her) and that and missing her people and a younger bully they kept
sent her into depression and she lay in her crate, stopped eating, etc.

I became convinced she had contracted Pyrometra, a very serious infection and
took her to the Vet...she's in perfect health just like they said...ran bloodwork,
thyroid, etc...but the $200 bought me peace of mind!

They do cause hypocondria in their owners! :crazy:

​Thanks for the pic of handsome Brembo, he's all growed up!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Oh my! Look how much he's grown! How old is Brembo now? He's such a handsome boy. I totally understand what you mean. Ever since our first bully had complications and had to go to the Rainbow Bridge, we have been paranoid about Aubie. Luckily, she just has the normal bully needs and has been healthy. I wouldn't trade her for the world no matter what though. It is impossible to not fall in love with these sweeties!

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
LOL, I don't have any kids but I now know why my sister laughed when I told her that I got a bulldog puppy.
I love every second of it tho.

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
That is actually what Tucker’s first vet said to me when I brought him in for a check up at 8 weeks old. “Did you research EB before buying one” she asked. I explained I did in fact and that my mom has had one for 8 years that I love to bits. “worst breed ever, a complete disaster” she said back <:bitching:wowwwa> I thought, did she just say that straight faced to me. I replied back, but you can’t beet a EB personality... no reply. She obviously has a personality disorder and we are searching for a new vet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online