Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to glue back a bully ear in Michigan.

Bulldog(s) Names
    pelee's union "jack" daniels
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default How to glue back a bully ear in Michigan.

I need a suggestion of who to take my new bully puppy to get an ear glued back. I know that there's videos online that show how, but I want to make sure that I do it right. I live close to the Metro Detroit area and I hope someone out there knows somebody that can help. Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

William Sengstock

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to glue back a bully ear in Michigan.

Maybe someone will know..if so they will come along shortly.. Most of us don't glue the ears..I love the ears the "natural" way! Your Bully is adorable!

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

It's often done by the vet during a regular appointment for shots and stuff, usually before the pup leaves the breeder.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have never glued ears and let them rose naturally. I don't think I have had one puppy yet whose didn't do it on their own. I have heard many horror stories about gluing ears and unless you plan on being in the show ring I would recommend letting them come to be whatever they are. They usually rose up between 8-16 weeks of age.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Oh, I thought either this was a joke or you were talking about glueing the ear back on a statue. I've never heard of "glueing a bulldog ear" - learn something new everyday. Wow
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Oooohhhhhh, unless it is for show purposes, please don't do it! My breeder glues the ears back, and I specifically asked her NOT to do Bogey's! The day we picked him up, his left ear was glued. I was not happy but she pooh-poohed it saying the glue would wear off in time. 6 weeks later, he still had a clump of glue which my vet said I needed to start "peeling" off, little by little. Easier said than done! When I peeled the glue, his hair and some skin came too" he yelped EVERYTIME I went near it! It took me 4 days to get it all off, he had open abrasions that I had to treat 2 x day with neosporin and when they finally healed, he had no hair in those spots!! Hair has now grown back, but it was awful and I feel, completely unnecessary. I agree with letting the ears fall naturally. Of course, if your mission is to show, that may be a different story. Good luck!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Why would you want to do something that prevented your dog from moving his ears naturally and potentially having skin irritations etc to the glue ? If my ears weren't up to my family's standards, would I want them to use Super Glue on them ? ummm no ! Is this necessary for some reason or simply a cosmetic ?

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My breeder does this too. In fact, I didn't know she glued Blues ears until she said "come back in a month if they don't fall right, we'll glue them again" . They weren't glued when we picked him up so had no idea she did it.

I do know that dogs with floppy ears are predisposed to ear infections, so maybe it's a good thing to get them glued if they don't rose naturally? (I'd like to believe that the reason for doing it is not purely cosmetic).

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

I didn't know people did that. So if it wears off why do it... And now I have no idea what the ears are suppose to look like ..any pics just curious.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Holy moly! I never even heard of this! I have no idea if the Diva has 'Rose Ears' either...

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    Oooohhhhhh, unless it is for show purposes, please don't do it! My breeder glues the ears back, and I specifically asked her NOT to do Bogey's! The day we picked him up, his left ear was glued. I was not happy but she pooh-poohed it saying the glue would wear off in time. 6 weeks later, he still had a clump of glue which my vet said I needed to start "peeling" off, little by little. Easier said than done! When I peeled the glue, his hair and some skin came too" he yelped EVERYTIME I went near it! It took me 4 days to get it all off, he had open abrasions that I had to treat 2 x day with neosporin and when they finally healed, he had no hair in those spots!! Hair has now grown back, but it was awful and I feel, completely unnecessary. I agree with letting the ears fall naturally. Of course, if your mission is to show, that may be a different story. Good luck!
    OMG that's horrible! We didn't have that problem with Blue. I'm guessing she got all of it out before we got him or yeah, I would of been peeved too.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I know of some show breeders will glue them, but we have never glued any of our pups and their ears always come out great by themselves, and we have several show pups out there. So if I were you I would not glue them.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads