Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to glue back a bully ear in Michigan.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Rachael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to glue back a bully ear in Michigan.

Never heard of it until now. But I do know the breed standard calls for rose bud type of ears. I saw that on the Bulldog club of America website. Lots of information on the proper confirmation of the EBD there. As for the benefit of it, I can see how it can aid in keeping ears clean and having less ear infections. I watched a youtube video of the process and it does not seem painful or would cause harm.

To the OP, I'm originally from Detroit and not quite sure where you can go to get the ears glued. I would think this may have occured at the breeder around 45 days old. I would also suggest asking your vet for more information if you truly are interested in having this done. Greenfield Animal Hospital is where I took my dogs for years until I relocated to Georgia.

As with many decisions as a pet owner, you do what's best for you and your household. All the best!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Tyler's ears were not glued when we got him. His ears fell forward and kept the moisture in, ear infections one after another all his life. Rudy's ears were glued and we re-glued them as needed. The ears kept the rose ear shape. With Mila we tried to keep he ears glued but being the crazy little white dog she is, she has always played so hard with Rudy she pulled them loose. She now has bat ears but at least they are not closed up. Btw she is deaf so she doesn't even use her ears lol

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
    Likes (Received)

I glued Tuckers to prevent ear infections. Odessa has had so many over the years I wanted to prevent Tucker from going through the same thing if possible.
    Tucker didn't like the glue and was scratching at it, after the second day I pulled it all of and let is sit all week to rest. The two days they were glued really made a difference, they went from very floppy to sitting back. I am going to finish it off with another round over a couple more days, but this time I will use medical tape on the ears and glue the tape so he isn't irritated. Here is a link to someone using a similar method.

http://www.bulldogs.lv/en/statji-podklejka-ushej

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads