Cooling products

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
My trainer recommended the Cool Bed III for Rumble as Oklahoma temperatures are warming up. This one requires it to be filled with water which my husband is not a big fan of. I know another cooling bed has been recommended on the products forum but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Cool Bed III or cooling products which require water. Also, we are wanting something that he can lay on in the car so we are wondering about a good size for him. Would it be better to have the cool mat for at home and then a cooling harness or vest for him in the car? I'm just worried he would not be able to be tethered to the car when wearing the cooling vest. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We got a vest and bandana from Keepdoggiesafe .com
@cali baker and @JeannieCO..have the beds I believe

Ya..the vest covers the back..and the straps are not comfy for jake..but in a pinch it does work.
6yja8ary.jpg

be7esy4y.jpg

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We got a vest and bandana from Keepdoggiesafe .com
@cali baker and @JeannieCO..have the beds I believe

Ya..the vest covers the back..and the straps are not comfy for jake..but in a pinch it does work.
6yja8ary.jpg

be7esy4y.jpg

That's a really cute pattern for Jake, Becky! The vests I got for the boys look like Hawaiian shirts in Pink and Brown! I think that's all they had at the time.

I don't currently have the cooling pads anymore b/c boys ate them when they were younger. Otherwise, I'm sure they would be very helpful right now in our heat wave. Also have the collar like Jake's.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm a huge face of the cooling pad, but not the kind you fill with water. Here's the one I have and I'm on my second one now and Wilson was sleeping on it last night.

Check out this thread. :up: The Dog Cooling Pad

Here's Wilson on his just last night.

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I'm a huge face of the cooling pad, but not the kind you fill with water. Here's the one I have and I'm on my second one now and Wilson was sleeping on it last night.

Check out this thread. :up: The Dog Cooling Pad

Here's Wilson on his just last night.

Is that the large size? We have looked at them before but just haven't made the purchase yet. We tried to get Rumble a coolaroo bed but he will not stop chewing it which is what makes me nervous about the cooling mats. Rumble is currently 7 months old and weighed in this last weekend at almost 53 pounds!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is that the large size? We have looked at them before but just haven't made the purchase yet. We tried to get Rumble a coolaroo bed but he will not stop chewing it which is what makes me nervous about the cooling mats. Rumble is currently 7 months old and weighed in this last weekend at almost 53 pounds!

Yes that is the large. You could try a bit of Bitter Apple when you catch him chewing. He's still a pup so he'll probably chew on stuff for quite a while now, lol. Wilson tore a small hole in his last year and I just stuck some duck tape on it and we were good to go. :up: [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] boys ate theirs up last year, right Henny? :laugh: I never saw the proof though. :secret:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Jeannie I just ordered one for Bacon since that time of the year is quickly approaching.

It took Wilson a bit to figure out it was nice to lay on. We'll also take it in the truck when we head to the lake and put it on the floor board of the back. :up: Be sure to report back on how Bacon likes his. Did you just order it today?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yea I ordered it today I figured it would be good to have while we are on vacation at the beach in a few weeks. Also when it gets really hot I can put it on top of his Kurnando bed in his daypen.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes that is the large. You could try a bit of Bitter Apple when you catch him chewing. He's still a pup so he'll probably chew on stuff for quite a while now, lol. Wilson tore a small hole in his last year and I just stuck some duck tape on it and we were good to go. :up: @cali baker boys ate theirs up last year, right Henny? :laugh: I never saw the proof though. :secret:

There you go reminding me again!!!!!!:stinkeye:

Yes, yes, they chewed theirs up two summers ago and it PO'd me so much 'cuz they don't come cheaply. So, [MENTION=7432]tiffykay06[/MENTION] , i'd watch Rumble like a hawk when he's near the cooling pad if you decide to get it and don't leave him alone w/it. If he's chewing his coolaroo then, well, there's a good chance he'll eat his pad too...I think my boys were the same age as Rumble is now when they decided to have the cooling pad as an appetizer!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

Yes, yes, they chewed theirs up two summers ago and it PO'd me so much 'cuz they don't come cheaply. So, @tiffykay06 , i'd watch Rumble like a hawk when he's near the cooling pad if you decide to get it and don't leave him alone w/it. If he's chewing his coolaroo then, well, there's a good chance he'll eat his pad too...I think my boys were the same age as Rumble is now when they decided to have the cooling pad as an appetizer!

If the cooling pad was an appetizer what was the entree? :p:picknose::lmaoboy:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If the cooling pad was an appetizer what was the entree? :p:picknose::lmaoboy:

:lmaogirl: :lmaogirl:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes, they chewed theirs up two summers ago and it PO'd me so much 'cuz they don't come cheaply. So, [MENTION=7432]tiffykay06[/MENTION] , i'd watch Rumble like a hawk when he's near the cooling pad if you decide to get it and don't leave him alone w/it. If he's chewing his coolaroo then, well, there's a good chance he'll eat his pad too...I think my boys were the same age as Rumble is now when they decided to have the cooling pad as an appetizer!

Still think you should have snap a pic. :tease: :lmaogirl:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.