Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got Maximus, somethings wrong with the legs

Country
    Malaysia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just got Maximus, somethings wrong with the legs

We brought him back to the breeder, and once Maxi saw his little sister, he seems happy and energetic. ^_^

We left him there for now, hearing all the suggestion that they learn from their litter mates as well. We will be bringing him back again in 2-3 weeks!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

@jiwamon I'm late getting in here. You say you only have slippery surfaces and you are using a towel. try to wrinkle the towel up or better yet a large blanket so puppy has to climb up and over. you can use a towel on the blanket in case of poop and pee accidents. footing is very important and to be honest some pups do start to travel latter than others especially ones not accepted by mama. they lack the nutrients that only mom's milk can provide. How are things going today with the tiny one? please keep us posted
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jiwamon View Post
    We brought him back to the breeder, and once Maxi saw his little sister, he seems happy and energetic. ^_^

We left him there for now, hearing all the suggestion that they learn from their litter mates as well. We will be bringing him back again in 2-3 weeks!

I will be praying over all the puppies, that they thrive and develop normally
    and especially for your adorable Maximus (love his name)...I had 2 Catahoula
    brothers, 100 lb dogs named King Leonidas (after the Greek King in 300) and
    Beowulf, we called them Leo & Beo. Noble names for noble dogs, so right!

Mother bullies do sometimes turn away from the babies...because they deliver
    by C-section, they do not bond w/their babies like they would w/normal birthing.
    Normal birthing allows them to clean their babies thereby strengthening the bond
    between them. It's sad to hear 3 babies died
    ...it will be good for Maximus to be
    w/his litter mate...do they know to exercise their legs & how to do it?

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    Malaysia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

I will be praying over all the puppies, that they thrive and develop normally
    and especially for your adorable Maximus (love his name)...I had 2 Catahoula
    brothers, 100 lb dogs named King Leonidas (after the Greek King in 300) and
    Beowulf, we called them Leo & Beo. Noble names for noble dogs, so right!

Mother bullies do sometimes turn away from the babies...because they deliver
    by C-section, they do not bond w/their babies like they would w/normal birthing.
    Normal birthing allows them to clean their babies thereby strengthening the bond
    between them. It's sad to hear 3 babies died
    ...it will be good for Maximus to be
    w/his litter mate...do they know to exercise their legs & how to do it?
    I like their name! Haha, they know how to do it. The owner has about 4-5 English Bulldogs, she's a EBD lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    @jiwamon I'm late getting in here. You say you only have slippery surfaces and you are using a towel. try to wrinkle the towel up or better yet a large blanket so puppy has to climb up and over. you can use a towel on the blanket in case of poop and pee accidents. footing is very important and to be honest some pups do start to travel latter than others especially ones not accepted by mama. they lack the nutrients that only mom's milk can provide. How are things going today with the tiny one? please keep us posted
    Thank you! I was hoping that may be the problem too. The floor may be too slippery for him to learn how to walk. It seems like whenever his leg gets slipped, he just simply gave up walking.

He is still with his litter mate right now, I will be bringing him back in a week or 2. I can't wait to see the little fella again, might be going over to see him tonight!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads