A breakthrough! WDYT?

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
So we've had Norm since mid March. I know he's got to have been wondering what the heck was up and where he was etc. He's settled in and seems like he's adjusting and happy. He gets a little excited and wiggly when I come home. I take him out in the backyard to potty and play. A couple times he's kind of sidled like he wanted to play and kind of tussle a bit if that makes sense. But then he'd kinda shy away. Today when I came home from dance with my daughter, he came out the front door with BIG wiggles wanting to play. So I was kinda tagging and play touching him and he went all in for it! He's never really acted like he wanted his belly rubbed nor would he really let me roll him over to rub his belly. Well, he flopped back, all fours up in the air and he let me give him big ol belly rubs. He was all floppy and happy and growly playing. BIG happy dog smiles and grins.:p Big ol silly serious Norm. I know showing the belly is a sign of trust and submission. Im just thrilled to death he wanted to play and be silly with me. It really touched me what a big deal that felt like. Like he was really feeling like he's here and here to stay. For good. And part of the family/pack. So wdyt....big deal or am I being too silly?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Definitely a big deal and something to be happy and excited about! I'm happy for you! Norm is for certain showing how he trusts you and it seems like the bond between you and him is growing. It's only going to get better too. Terrific!:D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Seems like a reason for excitement to me! :wave5:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
TOTAL BIG DEAL...... you have earned his trust and love! Much excitment should be had!

:dance:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Agree......BIG DEAL, He's found his place in the pack, and assumed his position there, He's given you his trust, he's accepted the comfort of trusting you with his life basically, He knows he's in good hands, Trust, Love, and Loyalty are always hard earned.... Seems Norman has made his decision in your favor. A life long committment to you and your family, Seems like it all just come together for him and y'all, Great News!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is not silly at all , that is GREAT!! and this story just made my day! :jumping::jumping:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Absolutely a BIG DEAL, you've done a fantastic job with him, Congratulations!

Norman is HOME now...party time forever!
:droolers:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
So we've had Norm since mid March. I know he's got to have been wondering what the heck was up and where he was etc. He's settled in and seems like he's adjusting and happy. He gets a little excited and wiggly when I come home. I take him out in the backyard to potty and play. A couple times he's kind of sidled like he wanted to play and kind of tussle a bit if that makes sense. But then he'd kinda shy away. Today when I came home from dance with my daughter, he came out the front door with BIG wiggles wanting to play. So I was kinda tagging and play touching him and he went all in for it! He's never really acted like he wanted his belly rubbed nor would he really let me roll him over to rub his belly. Well, he flopped back, all fours up in the air and he let me give him big ol belly rubs. He was all floppy and happy and growly playing. BIG happy dog smiles and grins.:p Big ol silly serious Norm. I know showing the belly is a sign of trust and submission. Im just thrilled to death he wanted to play and be silly with me. It really touched me what a big deal that felt like. Like he was really feeling like he's here and here to stay. For good. And part of the family/pack. So wdyt....big deal or am I being too silly?

A huge big thing!!!!! I remember the first time Mabel played with us! There was nothing like it!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
A BIG DEAL!!!!

I about jumped for joy and did a happy dance :happydance: when Mr ADHD did a bully roll...

:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's just gre at and a super big deal, he knows he is home and loved and trust you. Great job!!! :2thumbs:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's BIG deal in my book, definedly. Enjoy! Norman's feeling like his come to home!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this is such great news and a total big deal. i remember when sarah first played after getting her my heart went through the roof. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online