REAL women have bulldogs!

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
I haven't posted or been on in awhile so here it goes....about two weeks ago Atticus and I were on our daily walk to the mailbox. For background info we used to walk about a mile a day, but we liv in sc so now we just walk about 500ft to the mailbox until it cools down. Atticus was chasing after ducks as usual when he fell over. He couldnt get himself up and he couldn't even begin to walk. Immediately ran over and began to what I call field triage. He let me feel his aw and it didn't seem broken and the poor little soldier never yelped or whined. I just picked him up carried him 500 feet and up the two flights to our apartment... I think it was that mama bear strength that kept me from a heart attack and a hernia lol...after an emergency trip to the vet, atty just had a bad sprain. He was on bed rest,but he couldn't go up and down our stairs. We had to carry him up and down to the bathroom at least three times a day for a week. I did tell our neighbors to please not run to Atticus or try to play with him like they usually do. I didn't realize until today that people were watching. My newborn came up today and really touched my heart when he said he noticed the past few days and said it really takes a real woman to have a bulldog! He talked about how most girls he knew would've boarded him or put it off on someone else. I just wanted to share this with all the other bully moms ESP. On Mother's Day. No, our babies can't be carried in our purse, but we have that little something special that sets us a part from the crowd.!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad to see Atticus wasn't hurt more seriously. Happy Mother's Day.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would have a hard time with Lola too but I guess you do what you have to do! Way to go bully mama!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Go bully mama!!!! The things we would do for our babies. Happy Mother's Day

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I think someone more creative. Than myself needs to put this on a tshirt....auction maybe?

A T-Shirt with that phrase would be too Awesome….. I know I would laugh like heck if I seen a woman wearing that shirt…. But so true!!

just make sure Atticus doesn't get Carpal tunnel syndrome ​from milking that injury too long!! LMBO..

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
If I put Tate or Finn in my purse, that would have to be one big mama of a handbag! :ROFL2:

I'm glad Atticus is okay :yes: !

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Our vet did warn us about faking it and boy did he try that the other day when he wanted to sit on our balcony. Like I said we live in coastal sc so it's too hot during the day... He yelped and limped around until we all come back inside and then miraculously he was all better

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Our vet did warn us about faking it and boy did he try that the other day when he wanted to sit on our balcony. Like I said we live in coastal sc so it's too hot during the day... He yelped and limped around until we all come back inside and then miraculously he was all better

Lmbo…. I see a bad case ofvCarpal tunnel syndrome coming on, He's going to so milk this injury!! hahahahahaha Love it!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love the catch phrase! So true I lift my babies up all the time. You are a real trooper! Glad he's ok

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I struggle picking Ftse up and suffer with muscle pain after, but if I was in the same position as you I would have done the same I remember in the yard one day looking at the sky there was a funny balck shape and this was just days after have tornadoes 10 minutes away I ran to Ftse and scooped him up and ran inside but of course it was nothing but I did fear it was and worried about Ftse. You done well with Atticus :2thumbs: and a very happy Mothers Day to you :flower:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.