Internet Pharmacy

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Recently I made the remark that Rocky had been using Triflexis for Worms and Flea control. Enlightened quickly by several members of EBDN that using Triflexis was a health concern for Rocky, and want to again thank everyone for the Enlightenment of your knowledge, as I never want to loose Rocky to ignorance or anything for that matter.

In Rocky's Vet visit, my Vet was more than happy to give Rocky a prescription, after getting his records. Finding more of our users used Sentinal Flea, and Worm control, I ran that by my Vet, only to find he didn't carry it, because it wasn't as effective towards fleas as Triflexis in his opinion, But he would write a prescription for it, If I can find someone that sells it, that can fill it, Which brings me to my question:

Do any of you use an Online/Internet Pharmacy for your Pet needs? Is one online/internet pharmacy better than the other? Is their like an online/internet pharmacy who's prices are better than anyone else like Wal-Mart pharmacy for pets? Please weigh in, and share your thoughts and experiences with online/internet pharmacies, as it looks like this is what i'll have to do to keep Rocky off of Triflexis and get him on something safe. Thank You…

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just a guess but you may want to try Carolina Pet Pantry.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I get a lot of my stuff from A to Z vet supply, may want to check them out. I don't think CPP has prescriptions.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Just a guess but you may want to try Carolina Pet Pantry.

Thanks Bruce, I just checked them out, and they don't seem to carry Sentinal. Knowing their a site sponsor, I did Register with them and subscribed to their news letter for future use.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I get a lot of my stuff from A to Z vet supply, may want to check them out. I don't think CPP has prescriptions.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Thanks Lisa, CPP doesn't cary prescriptions as per a search of their site, but did register with them and subscribed to their e-mails for possible future use, I didn't know if we (as a site) had an online favorite that most of the site used, perhaps a sponsor for our site or not.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Something to remember too..Costco has great prices and will honor pet rx's. I used to have a Diabetic cat and they had the best prices on Insulin and needles.. But for flea control...I'm thinking a pet pharmacy for sure..

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hi...Sentinal is what I use to put on forde but my vet stop carrying it...I'm thinking maybe due to problems it was causing with the animals it was being put on.....soooooo....I have chosen this year to not use any of the flea , tick or heartworm prevention medications due to reading so many scary things that it can do and all the different ingredients it contains......doing all natural.....small amounts of fresh garlic in Fordes food.....acv or lemon juice in his drinking water.....spraying him with lemon juice or a mixture of essential oils that deter fleas and mosquitos.......he's not outside all that much so hoping that it works well for him......I know this route is not for everyone, but I feel better keeping the flea & tick medications off him......

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hi...Sentinal is what I use to put on forde but my vet stop carrying it...I'm thinking maybe due to problems it was causing with the animals it was being put on.....soooooo....I have chosen this year to not use any of the flea , tick or heartworm prevention medications due to reading so many scary things that it can do and all the different ingredients it contains......doing all natural.....small amounts of fresh garlic in Fordes food.....acv or lemon juice in his drinking water.....spraying him with lemon juice or a mixture of essential oils that deter fleas and mosquitos.......he's not outside all that much so hoping that it works well for him......I know this route is not for everyone, but I feel better keeping the flea & tick medications off him......
glenna, I wish the natural treatment would work for me, but South Eastern Louisiana is home to the Honey Island Swamp, and is located in Pearl River Louisiana, City named after the water river running through it. We have lots of standing water, especially after the high water from the snow melt from up north, The mosquito population in my area is terrible. Rocky goes out, does his business and is back in, about 5 minutes, 4 times a day. He isn't exposed often, but he gets exposure enough. Heart Worms and hunting dogs seem to run hand and hand in our area, along with that fever you get from the mosquitos, Tics really aren't a problem, but fleas are... Back in the day of having a cocker spaniel, and keeping him clipped well, I used the Adams flea control on him when he came inside, Fleas would drop off of him, but todays formula spray, and watch the fleas ball up for a swimming party, seems watered down significantly. My Vet explained the heartworm medicine in Trifexis was Interceptor, which has been around for years, and has done an extradinary job, and the flea medicine in it was ??????? I forget the name, but he said was also very good, so he broke both down and explained they had been in use forever with great results, and now put together as a multi-Dosage fighter, but still safe, as far as he knew, and would contact the rep for them today, about what i've been reading, and the feeling I wasn't comfortable using it with Rocky. So anyway, I got a prescription for Heartguard, and the flea protection once a month, used between his ears on his neck. I'll give it a shot and see where we stand, because Rocky is allergic to fleas. I read a post the other day, and I don't remember who started the thread, said their vet recommended putting peanut butter and Garlic mixed well in a kong toy, freeze it for a chew toy treat, and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] stated he was surprised that a Vet recommended Garlic powder, because it was known to be lethal in doses also. Reading this, I guess it's all good in moderation, But when it comes to Rocky, I like being on the conservative side, since i'm making life choices for him, and get depressed when I read about normal life expectancy already.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
glenna, I wish the natural treatment would work for me, but South Eastern Louisiana is home to the Honey Island Swamp, and is located in Pearl River Louisiana, City named after the water river running through it. We have lots of standing water, especially after the high water from the snow melt from up north, The mosquito population in my area is terrible. Rocky goes out, does his business and is back in, about 5 minutes, 4 times a day. He isn't exposed often, but he gets exposure enough. Heart Worms and hunting dogs seem to run hand and hand in our area, along with that fever you get from the mosquitos, Tics really aren't a problem, but fleas are... Back in the day of having a cocker spaniel, and keeping him clipped well, I used the Adams flea control on him when he came inside, Fleas would drop off of him, but todays formula spray, and watch the fleas ball up for a swimming party, seems watered down significantly. My Vet explained the heartworm medicine in Trifexis was Interceptor, which has been around for years, and has done an extradinary job, and the flea medicine in it was ??????? I forget the name, but he said was also very good, so he broke both down and explained they had been in use forever with great results, and now put together as a multi-Dosage fighter, but still safe, as far as he knew, and would contact the rep for them today, about what i've been reading, and the feeling I wasn't comfortable using it with Rocky. So anyway, I got a prescription for Heartguard, and the flea protection once a month, used between his ears on his neck. I'll give it a shot and see where we stand, because Rocky is allergic to fleas. I read a post the other day, and I don't remember who started the thread, said their vet recommended putting peanut butter and Garlic mixed well in a kong toy, freeze it for a chew toy treat, and @Davidh stated he was surprised that a Vet recommended Garlic powder, because it was known to be lethal in doses also. Reading this, I guess it's all good in moderation, But when it comes to Rocky, I like being on the conservative side, since i'm making life choices for him, and get depressed when I read about normal life expectancy already.

Understand completely....like I said my choice isn't for everyone, and HOPE that if someone thinks it's a bad choice they would let me know...I have no problem with that :) ..............I'm in north carolina and don't have a big flea problem in my area and like I mentioned Forde isn't outside a whole lot so we will see how this all natural thing works.......yes, I saw that post about the garlic in the kong and davidh's reply.... I have checked and it from my understanding it has to be larger amounts to become a problem.........know what you mean about the life expectancy :(

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Understand completely....like I said my choice isn't for everyone, and HOPE that if someone thinks it's a bad choice they would let me know...I have no problem with that :) ..............I'm in north carolina and don't have a big flea problem in my area and like I mentioned Forde isn't outside a whole lot so we will see how this all natural thing works.......yes, I saw that post about the garlic in the kong and davidh's reply.... I have checked and it from my understanding it has to be larger amounts to become a problem.........know what you mean about the life expectancy :(
I know exactly what you mean, before I adopted Rocky, his previous owner told me he had been in Trifecta heartworm medicine, my daughter looked it up found it was trifexis, I mentioned in a post one day along with his health report and got some great feedback on it, and plenty of it too, Heck, I had no idea, that's why I read this forum so much, so much accidental information I couldn't possibly google stuff like I find here, very informative. But EBD's life expectancy is nearly half of a regular pet, althouth healthy live longer, But Rock's only 1, which tells me I have 6 or 7 years at best to find a good breader, starting my research now.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I know exactly what you mean, before I adopted Rocky, his previous owner told me he had been in Trifecta heartworm medicine, my daughter looked it up found it was trifexis, I mentioned in a post one day along with his health report and got some great feedback on it, and plenty of it too, Heck, I had no idea, that's why I read this forum so much, so much accidental information I couldn't possibly google stuff like I find here, very informative. But EBD's life expectancy is nearly half of a regular pet, althouth healthy live longer, But Rock's only 1, which tells me I have 6 or 7 years at best to find a good breader, starting my research now.

I know......like I mentioned before...Forde will be 4 june 2nd.......and i think :( wow...let's hope we prove the statistics wrong ......:dance3::bully:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Do any of you use an Online/Internet Pharmacy for your Pet needs? Is one online/internet pharmacy better than the other? Is their like an online/internet pharmacy who's prices are better than anyone else like Wal-Mart pharmacy for pets?

I used to get Abbys meds from thrivingpets.com. They always had the best prices and the customer service is outstanding. I always got a live person on the phone, great prices, fast shipping and no headache returns. Ian always handled Abbys orders personally

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.