English Bulldog at our local shelter

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I went to a benefit today for the local shelter and brought Gus to be microchipped. One of the workers saw him and said they just got an English Bulldog like him on Thursday as an owner surrender. The bully came in recently enough so that he didn't have his picture in the book of available dogs for me to see, but I emailed him and he will be sending a picture. He said the poor fella has already been through one rescue.. no idea which one! My impression of the situation was that the most recent owner dropped him at the shelter without contacting the rescue from which they originally got him at all, over maybe either a chewing incident or a housebreaking incident?? :cursing: The shelter is a healthy drive from where I live, or I would go there right now to take a pic. When I get a pic from the volunteer, can I post the info on here somewhere for people to see, even though I am not affiliated with the shelter? Does anyone know if there are any English Bulldog rescues that would cover the NW Florida panhandle area? The volunteer I spoke with seems to be rather high up with the organization and said he specifically wants the guy to go to an experienced bully home since he has a history of a failed placement already.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I see so reason why you can't! Others do...and I will tag [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]...she's familiar with Florida rescues..poor baby.:(

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
The two rescues in Florida I know of are not in the Panhandle. However, If we have to transport him south, I can do a leg. I'm in Tallahassee.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BUMPER Rescue out of New York will help they can organize transport too

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I pray for the best for this poor bully. I just rescued/adopted Sally yesterday from a Nebraska shelter that she was dumped off at after 7 years of being used as a breeder bully. I hope for the best for him!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is so sad, :cry: I do hope he gets a forever loving home real soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, hope he gets a fur-ever home soon.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
This just makes me sad. :nope:
I don't think there is a rescue out there that doesn't offer to take a bully back if it doesn't work out.
And it's also this sort of thing happening that makes it so that rescue's are so tough in the screening process trying to prevent it from happening; that makes it so that other people who would perhaps be wonderful bully parents are automatically disqualified for things like having an unfenced pond or a child under 8 or whatever age limit they put.
I hope the poor boy finds a forever home soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.