The ice is breaking!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH seems to be officially accepting the interloper in her kingdom.
She's done a couple gentle corrections when Amelia is biting too much. And this morning I caught her kissing (licking) Amy when she crawled into her bed with her.
Even after correcting the biting she always seems to follow with sniffing Amy's belly area. We wonder if she "knows" there is something there that she needs to be more gentle with Amy. It sure seems so.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah... i was thinking about this yesterday! So happy she is starting to come around... and yes, I believe they definitely know when there is an issue with each other

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good the hear, they will be best buddies in no time.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
HRH seems to be officially accepting the interloper in her kingdom. She's done a couple gentle corrections when Amelia is biting too much. And this morning I caught her kissing (licking) Amy when she crawled into her bed with her. Even after correcting the biting she always seems to follow with sniffing Amy's belly area. We wonder if she "knows" there is something there that she needs to be more gentle with Amy. It sure seems so.
Lari and Bruce, the story of Amelia is truly Amazing, and y'all doing what you did for her is Awesome... I've enjoyed keeping up with your posts, I don't know much about HRH yet, but i've enjoyed what i've read. True deication, gotta love our pets......

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's great news! I remember it took about two weeks from Usko to really wellcome Voitto and now they're inseparable.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great news! I remember it took about two weeks from Usko to really wellcome Voitto and now they're inseparable.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww that's so nice to hear. Princess Gracie loves her new sister. Please post some pictures of them together, I would love to see the two cuties together.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy to hear HRH is finally accepting her, I bet she was a good mama too.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Aww that's so nice to hear. Princess Gracie loves her new sister. Please post some pictures of them together, I would love to see the two cuties together.

:luv: this one:

hTgJ37x.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sweet! Love hearing that big sis is taking care of her little sister and that they're getting along. What a great pic too. :inlove:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
How sweet to know hear Lari (and Bruce) that HRH is slowing coming around. Dogs can sense when something's not right so I'm sure she has that sense about Amy.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I agree that it seems that dogs know when something is not right with another dog. Also my Lola is crazy but when it comes to infants and toddler size kids to just lays there and lets them do whatever they want to her. It sounds to me like they are sisters now and before long HRH won't want to be without her and she would be sad if anything happened to Amy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online