Almost lost WB today- he got trapped in the car on a warm day! Thank God he is OK!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Those windows have to be the new shatterproof windows, that is suppose to protect the driver and passengers inside from glass blowing in, incase of an accident..... Evidently good and bad points to the safety windows, but just thinking to myself, had that been me and Rocky, I bet I would have had the gasket off with my pocket knife to the windshield, and had it laying on my hood waiting on the glass guy to come put it back in. Being from Louisiana, and the gravel shoulders we have, and dump trucks without tarps or loose gravel on their tailgate has broken more than one of my windshields, Seen the guy pinch the gasket for the windshield, and pull it out around the window like a rope, and use a screwdriver to pop the windshield out and install another one in about 5 minutes, the longest part was the few minutes waiting on the glue to dry after putting it back in. Just thinking, theres more than one way to skin a cat, but great story, and something to think about.....Thanks for sharing....

OP
Starkie

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Thanks for all your kind words and support everyone.
WB is fine and was just as feisty as ever when the gardeners came this morning.
WB and Shadow (Yorkie) put on quite a show - no burglar would break into this house.

I'm leaving the battle scarred windows in the SRT-4 as a reminder to me about vehicle door locks.

I sure hope WB is as anxious to go for a ride next week as he was yesterday morning before this episode.
He got really excited when he saw the bright Solar Yellow car and was very anxious to get in and go.

Next weekend, we are driving to Lake Tahoe via Hwy 88 and Hwy 49 through the Gold Country to celebrate our anniversary.
Ann will be taking her SKy Redline convertible with Shadow aka Babby (her Yorkie).
I will be taking his nibs, Walley Bubba, in the SRT-4.
We stay at a wonderful place called Spruce Grove which is totally dog friendly.
Cesars Palace, Lake Tahoe is Ann and I got married 15 years ago - how did I get so lucky - and how did I not chicken out as usual was amazing too!

I ain't as good as I once was, but I;m as good once as I ever was (as the song goes).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Thanks again everyone and please, please take care with those darn vehicle door locks please!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
OMG, this is seriously my worst fear. HOW HORRIBLE. I am so relieved that he's okay! You did all the right things.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
OMG. I would have chopped off that tow truck driver's head and crapped right down his neck. Kudos to you for your restraint.

Last summer, some dip-crap took his two sweet toe-headed little granddaughters to a park to play one afternoon. When they got back to the car, they found a dead Golden Retriever. Wow Grandpa, you're fun to hang out with! I'd like to kick that guy right in the cahones. Seriously. I really would.

Heat and bullies just don't mix and while I may be a bit militant about it (we do NOT stop on the way home from a pup outing for any reason whatsoever), my biggest fear is facing over heating. It scares the crap out of me. Going thru what you did..... I'd be in the hospital for a breakdown of some sort.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online