SHEDDING!!!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde is shedding like crazy.......this had been going on for like a month and a half......is there anyTHING i can do to stop this......this is second time in like 6 months...and suggestions?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Forde is shedding like crazy.......this had been going on for like a month and a half......is there anyTHING i can do to stop this......this is second time in like 6 months...and suggestions?

Some bullies shed more than others, all of my bullies get fish oil, yogurt and good food, Nuvet vitamins. Most of them only shed real bad twice a year, but Tidus just has a thick coat so he sheds longer!

Regular brushing with a kong zoom groom is what I use, and more baths during high shedding times. A good diet is the best place to start, from the inside out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hopefully it will be over soon........i feed him blue buffalo lamb and brown rice........i started giving him yogurt about a month ago....and he has been getting fish oil for years....baths are about every 3 weeks, which i have been told by friends that this is probably the reason but i don' think so....i guess i was just hoping there a FIX for the shedding ....thanks for the replies :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2572]glenna[/MENTION]... if you find that magical FIX please let us know.... Gracie seems to always be shedding,,,, just worse at times. Amelia is too young to tell yet.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION].....ok....will do :) but not before getting a patent on it lol........ i have been told that some have no shedding.....except for the twice a year thing..this would make me happy...Forde seems to be like Gracie, it's non stop and WORSE at times !

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
@BruceP.....ok....will do :) but not before getting a patent on it lol........ i have been told that some have no shedding.....except for the twice a year thing..this would make me happy...Forde seems to be like Gracie, it's non stop and WORSE at times !

Maybe Gracie and Forde need to be shaved... LOL JUST KIDDING... don't go shaving poor FOrde now.. LOL

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
lol...i think Forde is the most handsome , but shaven?? well that may be a different story all together lol, looking at him now trying to picture him with no hair....;)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thanks all......

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
ughhhh it is soooo bad at my house right now....it's disgusting...jameson never sheds but he must be losing his winter coat...i clean the floors, turn around and they are covered again....this weekend he is getting a bath before i lose my mind....it's gross

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeks is shedding reaaaaal bad at the moment too.. He seems to shed all the time but not this bad. He gets regular brushes and i hoover him twice a day when i hoover the house - he loves it lol and i find it quite good helping keep on top of the shedding xx

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber gets a bath regularly and i have a long handled brush she loves to chew on that has soft brissels on it I use on her in the bath tube. She blew through her winter coat last month and after two baths with the long handled brush we are back to normal. Ruby is too young to tell but they are both on Nuvet vitamins, homemade food and blue buffalo for a back up, they get eggs, yogurt and salmon oil and the only time I have major shedding is during changing seasons. Good luck!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow thankfully sarah doesnt really shed at all. i hope it stops soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.