Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: far too many special needs bulldog?

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: far too many special needs bulldog?

@ZeusCsmommy What I'm referring to are breeders who are either so obsessed with meeting the standard they sacrifice health and temperment or more frequently breeders who don't health test and just throw 2 dogs together to get puppies and even after having sick puppies they continue to breed. Yiu can tell a lot by asking questions. What happens if I can't keep the dog I purchased? If they don't want first right to return RUN. Also ask about health guarantee what happen s if there is something wrong with the pup? How do you choose which dogs you breed? Why are you breeding? Have any of your dogs had health issues? What health checks have the breeding dogs had? Can I talk to your vet and previous puppy adopters? If they give coy or off putting answers to any of these questions look elsewhere. Don't expect them to be perfect but look for them to be honest and caring.
    Others may have more advice
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: far too many special needs bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    @ZeusCsmommy What I'm referring to are breeders who are either so obsessed with meeting the standard they sacrifice health and temperment or more frequently breeders who don't health test and just throw 2 dogs together to get puppies and even after having sick puppies they continue to breed. Yiu can tell a lot by asking questions. What happens if I can't keep the dog I purchased? If they don't want first right to return RUN. Also ask about health guarantee what happen s if there is something wrong with the pup? How do you choose which dogs you breed? Why are you breeding? Have any of your dogs had health issues? What health checks have the breeding dogs had? Can I talk to your vet and previous puppy adopters? If they give coy or off putting answers to any of these questions look elsewhere. Don't expect them to be perfect but look for them to be honest and caring.
    Others may have more advice
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Ill make sure to take that into consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads