First day of Doggy day care

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stiggy slept for 3 days straight after his first day! :). Like with anything, moderation is key.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure you ask for regular updates on how they did that day. And always remind them to watch Kona when it's warm, and for any other signs. For instance, I know my boys get a couple of hours break from playing ... As with all the other dogs ... Sorta like a midday break to recoup and not overdo anything. They tell me that on warmer days, they gather all the brachycephallic breeds and let them rest in an air conditioned room as often and as long as needed. I still remind them every time I drop them off though ... Just so they don't forget ... even if I sound like a broken record. :)

Love daycare ... especially when Stiggy's high energy, which is obvious when he starts chewing on pillows and comforters ... that's when he gets dropped off the next day. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Last edited:

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
I am going to research doggy daycare here in my area because I would love for my pups to be around other dogs and socialized! If not hmmm sounds like something I would love to open! Haha

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used to LOVE doggie day care with our Trixie. We used it the same way [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] uses it. When she got to be really obnoxious, she was dropped off the next day to work some of her "yah yahs" out!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Same with us! My patience starts visibly wearing with Tonka ad he goes to daycare. In fact, he is going tomorrow afternoon! Lol. I do try to get him in on most of my days off now though as our Daycare is no longer taking new clients because they can't get their current ones in half the time! Too many dogs lol. Tonka loooooves it. They tell me, the bigger the dog the more Tonka gravitates to them. His best friends are a Mastiff and a Wolfhound :p

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson goes on saturdays and if he had his choice would go everyday. When i pick him up he tries to run back in

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I used to LOVE doggie day care with our Trixie. We used it the same way [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] uses it. When she got to be really obnoxious, she was dropped off the next day to work some of her "yah yahs" out!

Although Stiggy gets along with all the others, I have been told that he can be a handful sometimes, especially if there's a new employee. But I'm so amazed how well he listens now, well most of the time anyways. There was an almost incident at a dog park where Stiggy was about to start something. All my bf had to do was say his name loudly and he stopped and looked for direction ... And there were so many dogs that time too.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Jameson goes on saturdays and if he had his choice would go everyday. When i pick him up he tries to run back in

Stigs does that too! Punkin, not so much. Lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They absolutely can..... Bulldogs tend to not always know their limits when it comes to play time. I use to work at a dog daycare and the EB's would need to be placed in 'time-outs' because they just do not give themseleves the break to catch their breath

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.