Officially Introducing......................

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I feel so complete having an old soul in the house again.

Love this and I could not agree more!! So glad everything went well with introducing her to Wilson, Jack and Emma. Sally is just the sweetest, that picture of her on the couch makes me wish I could snuggle right next to her!! Give her an extra hug and kiss from me! :luv:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww, I'm so happy to see how she's settling in. I can't even imagine how good Sally must feel going from shelter life to an actual home where she is loved and valued :heart:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jeannie... I just cant get over how sweet she looks. Has Gracie's air about her. :inlove:
I see she licks her legs as Gracie does too. I have heard that this is a sign that something bothers her that she cant reach... such as girly parts. Dont know if this is true or not but worth paying attention to. We spray bitter apple on her legs sometimes but mostly just try to distract her.

Thank you Bruce. She's sweeter than she looks. She's very docile. I thought that area on her leg has something to do with the IV when had she had surgery last month as it had a red hole like where a needle went in. It's very dry and I haven't seen her lick that area yet at all. I'm going to have her vet look at it on Tuesday as well as that hot spot which doesn't look like a hot spot to me. It's just a raised area with no open wound?

She aced her bath. :clap: I put her in the tub and she didn't move at all and totally didn't mind water on her head.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awww, I'm so happy to see how she's settling in. I can't even imagine how good Sally must feel going from shelter life to an actual home where she is loved and valued :heart:

She's doing so well. I owe you for her's and my (our) happy. :hug:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Love this and I could not agree more!! So glad everything went well with introducing her to Wilson, Jack and Emma. Sally is just the sweetest, that picture of her on the couch makes me wish I could snuggle right next to her!! Give her an extra hug and kiss from me! :luv:
She's in the same spot right now sleeping next to me. I'll be sure to give her a kiss too. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are truly an amazing person. This just makes me smile. She now will know what it's like to be loved for who she is instead of being loved for what she could provide.
It sickens me that people breed over and over again, then dump when they no longer produce. Did they breed her up until the age of 7? Poor girl.
You and Mike are awesome!

I questioned the gal that was there yesterday and she said that she wasn't dumped off but rather that someone rescued her and brought her in due to overbreeding. My guess is she's probably had at least 1 litter per year of not 2 per year. I have no idea. Her teets are in wonderful shape, long and appear to be dried up.

How do you take care of teets? I put a bit of vaseline on them after her bath just in case.
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] As long as they are dried up, you shouldn't have any problem with them. We don't do anything with BeBe's and Lucy's and they have been OK. Just have to check every once in awhile for lumps to make sure her doesn't develop cancer.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks David. I just wasn't sure. I'll be sure to check her during bath times for lumps. She has 14 hanging down, looks like cow udders, lol.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I've totally enjoyed catching up on this precious girl and am tickled pink at how many pages there are to this thread! Shows the amazing support this group has for one another, and why I love being on here.
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] thanks again so much for helping this girl! You ROCK

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
How the heck did I miss this. Holy crap! Congrats Jeannie and Sally. :cry:this brings tears to my eyes