Does your EB act like a cat?

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
Our little Tucker is 10 weeks old and he is such a little clown at times, but I have never seen a dog act like a cat when playing like him and wonder if it is a quirk other EBā€™s have too? When playing in the yard with my 9yr ds he seems to realize that he canā€™t catch him no matter how hard he tries to chase him, so he loves to stalk him like a cat! He will slowly crawl towards DS with his front end down and his bum up in the air, then when he is with in close range he springs up and pounces like ā€œgotchyaā€. It is so cute and he seems to have mastered it really well. He also does the ignore you pounce where he pretends like his isnā€™t interested in playing anymore and will turn his back to you, only to pounce when DS gets closer. It is so funny to see.

OP
Odessa

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Oh that is so cute. Tucker tries to play with our bunny ZhuZhu, but isn't impressed that the bunny wont tackle or chase him. I hope one day he will be happy to cuddle with ZhuZhu too, ZhuZhu would love a grooming friend like your pair.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT Oh that is so cute. Tucker tries to play with our bunny ZhuZhu, but isn't impressed that the bunny wont tackle or chase him. I hope one day he will be happy to cuddle with ZhuZhu too, ZhuZhu would love a grooming friend like your pair.

We put a video up here a long time ago of Jake and Harry (the cat) playing...if I can find it..I will tag you! It's amazing how much they like each other..I imagine rabbits wouldn't appreciate that Bully tongue! lol!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Rocky reminds me of a cat in three ways, First when he goes for a walk he makes this purring sound as he's breathing, sounds very close to the purr a cat makes when it's happy, The second way is he likes to grab things with his front paws and hold it as he chews on the item, I've never seen another breed so successful with holding an object between its front paws so well, The third thing he does, is he has to get on top of everything, Like the top of the sofa to look out the window, The top of my recliner to chew my ear when i'm napping, Not satisfied on the floor, he has to climb, and he's not exactly light at 48 lbs to be on top of things.

IMG_1616.jpg

Rocky on top of my recliner, chewing my ear, and smearing up my glasses.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Well..to be honest..Jake's BFF IS a cat! They groom each other and play together..I'm not sure Who acts like Who though!

:yes:

OMG I am dying of jealousy. Remi is a bowling ball on legs. The cats hate his guts.

OP
Odessa

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION] Rocky is adorable! Little brave heart climbing on everything, maybe he is a Superdog :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
With licking her feet and holding things HRH reminds me of a cat.
Amy pounces on things like a kitten and bats at things too.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I call Tubby kitty kat. He does the cat stretches. Pounces and the way he holds stuff reminds me of a cat. Tubby's grand parents call him a cat in Armenian. I thought it was liek a cute nickname till I asked what it meant and was informed it means cat. :blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks (Bulldog) no... she is all bulldozer, nothing steathly about her. Chelios (Frenchie)... I swear he is part cat

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hahaha. I always say my zeus is a Giant cat. I can swear I heard him meow before. My hubby doesn't believe me but I swear I heard him. :/ he won't do it again .. But yes definitely act like a cat.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Yes!! Winston "cleans" himself like a cat lol and sometimes hes SO sneaky he scares the crap out of me, i turn around and there he is in my face...never heard him coming. Too funny! :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.