Poor Pickle 5 month update

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I noticed that the tears stains are getting the best of us. We started using distilled water to see if that will help. I also have been cleaning her folds twice a day with witch hazel then a nice smear of Triple Cream lotion.

Pickle is also teething so her teeth are falling out of her head. She has been a little whiny so I have been giving her some frozen apple slices and that seems to help. She only scratches at her ears few times a day, I make sure her ears are clean, but I figure alot of these symptoms are from her teething and seasonal allergies. She sneezes alot when we go out for her walks.

And finally I set up her appointment to get her spayed at the end of the month (she will be 6 months on June 5). Spay today was a big help and got me a good discount from my own vet. I feel bad for her and all her little issues but I feel none are serious and time and diligence will heal them. I have been reading post on the tear stains but it seems like many techniques work, I just have to find the one that works for her.

All in all, she has been a joy and a pleasent addition to my little house. Hopefully she will be here for a long time.

Pickle 5 MONTHS.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great picture...

attachment.php

BTW -- teething can add to the tear stain issue, since they get runny eyes sometimes from teething

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwww poor little girl. Tear stains are so hard and can take so long to figure out due to seasons and add teething in, oh my. Both Wilson and Emma had such water eyes and tear stains during that time. She's so cute!

- - - Updated - - -

She is a cutie! Buster is scheduled for his neuter when he turns 6 months, too!
Is Buster aware of this? :laugh:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwwww she is so sweet. One word of warning..the witch hazel is a drying agent..I wouldn't use it more than a couple times a week. Her wrinkles will get raw from over drying. I love using it..just found out..less is more! Good luck..I'm sure you will get a handle on her tear stains. You're doing so great! :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
What a cutie patootie! Gluck on the tear stains. I've given up with my boys'. I thought, as long as they don't have hives (since they're allergic to many things too), its good enough. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try malecetic ultra, it works great! But use sparingly!! Not all the time. She is a cute little Pickle!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Awwwww she is so sweet. One word of warning..the witch hazel is a drying agent..I wouldn't use it more than a couple times a week. Her wrinkles will get raw from over drying. I love using it..just found out..less is more! Good luck..I'm sure you will get a handle on her tear stains. You're doing so great! :)

Oh, I will cut back with the WH - Thanks.​
CharlieFL has a good routine that I may try but like 2BullyMama mentioned that the teething could be part of the issue.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw your baby looks so cute. i was gonna say try the acv as sarah does not usually have them unless i feed her lamb and when she did have them the acv seemed to get rid of the discoloration part so i would def try charliefl formula. i did not do it exactly but close enough and i did see a difference.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I noticed that the tears stains are getting the best of us.

She is such a doll! Have you tried Duoxo 30 pads on her tear stains? Amazon has it on sale on the website I saw yesterday. Buster had major stain issues and pretty bad acne and the vet gave us these pads and the difference was instant.

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
She is such a doll! Have you tried Duoxo 30 pads on her tear stains? Amazon has it on sale on the website I saw yesterday. Buster had major stain issues and pretty bad acne and the vet gave us these pads and the difference was instant.

I have not but I will look into this, thanks for the tip

📰 Latest posts

Members online