have you ever taken your bully camping?

crazy1469

Dec 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
well the title pretty much sums it up.
the family and i love camping and i don't know if it will be safe to take buttercup camping with us, as we will be sleeping in a tent and spending most of the time outdoors.
wer have a camping weekend planned for june 19 and by the she will be 10 months old....what do you guys think?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I wouldn't take her unless you have a camper with A/C. There are several people here who do go camping with their bullies, but they have campers. Tent only in my opinion is just asking for trouble.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Prince Tonka in his hammock

tugujera.jpg

Prince Tonka sleeping (weird I know, but he cried until I did this, then he slept)
a7u2y2yv.jpg

His version of swimming

yve7ybym.jpg

Mom and Tonka :)

y5u3urub.jpg

This was camping just this past weekend. It only got to about 17 celsius but Tonka was okay and we took him to the lake and had lots of water. We are going to get a generator today to run the AC in the camper for him and I have a cooling vest for him coming in the mail so we will give that a shot

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heck... I won't go campin why should she? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A woman after my own heart! My family says my idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service!

EXACTLY!!! Why am i going to sleep outdoors when there is a perfectly good hotel some where nearby

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We go camping all the time but I have to admit our style of camping is not in a tent. I guess it depends on where you'll be camping on what the weather's going to be like. If it's warm or hot, I would not bring him. They really do need AC if it's too hot. Would she be with you at all times? If you take a hike, etc., I wouldn't risk leaving her behind. If it was me and camping with a tent I would not be bringing my bullies. Jack could go though.

A woman after my own heart! My family says my idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service!
Oh there's nothing better than sitting around a campfire looking at all the stars laughing with good friends or just chilling! :p

EXACTLY!!! Why am i going to sleep outdoors when there is a perfectly good hotel some where nearby
What a ninny!! :tease:

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
We camp but still had concerns with the AC camper, one day was so hot even in the truck on full AC high was too warm tent would be a disaster if weather got to warm.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
we have taken the girls camping. It was in an RV, outside for walks and if it was cold weather, for all day, with us by their sides. Just be careful for the heat. And a long hike would not be good for a bully, or leaving her alone.

GatorBator574

May 2, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator
IMO I wouldn't risk my bully's health. My Gator gets hot In this Indiana spring (65 degrees)...can't imagine taking him camping

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
We are going camping for Memorial Day and I wondered the same thing. My biggest fear was someone wanting to take them while we were riding our side by side rzr.
Guess ill leave them with grandma

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online